Executive Project Manager
- Cranbury Township, NJ
In 1985, Systech International recognized that pharmaceutical companies were facing growing pressures to become more effective in producing quality products while maintaining compliance with regulatory mandates. Suppliers supporting the industry offered technology that needed to be custom integrated and only solved a point solution. Systech developed a better way to serve the industry's real needs by introducing a complete and configurable machine vision solution with device management and information visibility as part of their productized packaging offerings.
Through innovative software development and ongoing support, Systech has changed the way companies think about their packaging needs. Systech began with machine vision tools for the pharmaceutical packaging line, which at its core, enabled customers to ensure maximum quality. Systech then introduced its line monitoring and control solution that includes automated procedural management, analytics and reporting of information. With the addition of serialization and ERP integration, Systech has evolved their offering into a complete Packaging Execution System (PES).
Because of Systech's domain expertise and significant market penetration at the packaging operations level, many industry partners have turned to them to ensure quality and regulatory compliance and to improve efficiencies for their customers' businesses. Customers in the pharmaceutical, medical devices, biotechnology, food and beverage, and healthcare industries can protect their consumers and optimize their businesses through Systech's suite of products.
With deployments throughout Europe, Asia-Pac, Central and Latin America, Canada, and the United States, Systech delivers the industry's most comprehensive Packaging Execution System designed to meet both current and future production needs. Systech products are trusted and used by many of the world's leading Fortune 500 companies.
Headquartered in Cranbury, NJ, Systech with its international headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, the company employs 100+ people, serving more than 26 countries worldwide with a dedicated sales and services team located globally to address the immediate needs of their customers.
We are growing to meet the needs of our clients and our growing market!
The prime responsibility of the Executive Project Manager is to manage Customer Programs and Projects, by implementing the tools and processes of Professional Services, and ensuring delivery across Customer programs with consistency and scalability throughout the entire project life cycle. The EPM is responsible for the internal and external coordination of projects for specified projects and clients. The EPM ensures that projects are completed on time, within budget, and with excellent Customer Satisfaction, utilizing Systech project Execution Methodology and best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute projects using SYSTECH’s standard project methodology and tools
- The EPM directs and coordinates matrixed project teams – consisting of Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Field Engineers – to provide Oversight, strategy, and Consistency to Customer Program and Project activities.
- Collaborate with Global Account Managers, to guide and outline strategy for current Programs and customers.
- Provide Review and approval for Program related Quotes/SOWs, through collaboration with Sales and PS Application Engineers.
- As the single point of contact for a Program:
1. Overall Responsibility for the Program success
2. Requests and Assembles project team members, in collaboration with the PM Leader and PE Leader, according to the needs of the project. The customer and complexity of the project will be factors in the resourcing choices.
3. Monitor Program schedule
4. Coordinate internal resources
5. Assess and Ensure quality of work on individual projects
6. Responsible for standardization across the program, and replication of Configuration and Documentation
7. Maintain and manage Program level Issues in @task. Work with PMs and project teams, as well as Internal stakeholders, to resolve issues.
8. Monitor adherence to PS Project Methodology by the PMs on their Programs. Escalate any compliance issues to the Project Manager Lead.
9. Alert Management on customer satisfaction issues, etc.
- Perform as the direct Project Manager for projects as dictated by PS priorities and workload, and needs of the customer programs
- Ensure all phases of the projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to a high level of customer’s satisfaction
- Manage day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects and Programs
- Manage project delivery teams that design, engineer, configure, deploy, and support installation of assigned projects
- Customer Satisfaction on all projects is a high priority
- Develop strong working relationships with clients. Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Serves as key participant in PS team, project team, and client team meetings
- Establish the project objectives by analyzing project proposal, reviewing and managing project specifications and customer requirements, and collaborating with management and team members
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to identify project deliverables
- Create and execute detailed project work plans, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements of the project
- Maintain project database on assigned projects – Project Schedule, Issues, Billing Triggers.
- Escalation Management – escalate technical, schedule, quality, and customer relationship issues internally as appropriate.
- Manage financial aspects of all projects
- Maintains an accurate Revenue Recognition Forecast for all directly managed projects. Responsible for delivering the Revenue forecast.
- Ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under his/her direction
- Oversight for Revenue Forecast and recognition on projects within the EPM’s programs (PM of the individual project has ownership).
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, and utilization across projects.
- Addresses elevated billing issues when they arise
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, summarizing information & trends
- Manages and mitigates risk across projects.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Regular travel to client sites is required
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Solid Project Management experience, which includes creating and managing timelines, defining scope of projects, and relationship building skills.
- Must accept accountability for a project’s success
- Must be able to effectively work with Management
- Must be comfortable in a highly dynamic environment, working with a variety of disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation skills, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills
- Possesses strong customer service skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering; Electrical, Software, Computer, or Automation preferred
- 7 + years Project Management experience
- Preferred - Pharmaceutical experience including process automation and packaging
- Preferred - PMI/PMP certification