- Hull, United Kingdom
In 1985, Systech International recognized that pharmaceutical companies were facing growing pressures to become more effective in producing quality products while maintaining compliance with regulatory mandates. Suppliers supporting the industry offered technology that needed to be custom integrated and only solved a point solution. Systech developed a better way to serve the industry's real needs by introducing a complete and configurable machine vision solution with device management and information visibility as part of their productized packaging offerings.
Through innovative software development and ongoing support, Systech has changed the way companies think about their packaging needs. Systech began with machine vision tools for the pharmaceutical packaging line, which at its core, enabled customers to ensure maximum quality. Systech then introduced its line monitoring and control solution that includes automated procedural management, analytics and reporting of information. With the addition of serialization and ERP integration, Systech has evolved their offering into a complete Packaging Execution System (PES).
Because of Systech's domain expertise and significant market penetration at the packaging operations level, many industry partners have turned to them to ensure quality and regulatory compliance and to improve efficiencies for their customers' businesses. Customers in the pharmaceutical, medical devices, biotechnology, food and beverage, and healthcare industries can protect their consumers and optimize their businesses through Systech's suite of products.
With deployments throughout Europe, Asia-Pac, Central and Latin America, Canada, and the United States, Systech delivers the industry's most comprehensive Packaging Execution System designed to meet both current and future production needs. Systech products are trusted and used by many of the world's leading Fortune 500 companies.
Headquartered in Cranbury, NJ, Systech with its international headquarters in Brussels, Belgium, serving more than 26 countries worldwide with a dedicated sales and services team located globally to address the immediate needs of their customers.
We are growing to meet the needs of our clients and our growing market!
The Application Engineer within Systech’s services group is responsible for assuming the engineering role in the sales process, with the goal of capturing and documenting all client requirements into a formal Statement of Work (SOW) that accompanies each client proposal for Serialized Product Tracking. The position requires a scope of technical experience; organizational skills and expertise focused on the technical requirements of item-level serialization and pharmaceutical packaging line inspection systems. The AE works with a team of engineers and manufacturing experts on the client side to collect information and also educate customers and prospects on the capabilities and capacities of Systech’s products and services, as well as on how our products objectively compare to competing products from other third parties.
The basic duties for this position include organizing the necessary customer information gathering process from beginning to end; determining the initial scope and ultimate goals of each solution implementation based on physical line surveys and other input from customers; preparing initial resource or cost estimates, SOWs and Bill of Materials associated with the proposed solution; and providing support for the subsequent Detailed Design Specifications document that is prepared once a proposal is signed off by the client.
This position requires an innate ability to simultaneously handle the preparation of numerous SOW and/or scope documents at various levels of complexity. This position also involves researching, preparation, and presentation of various bids and proposals involving potential future project implementations. The AE must possess extensive knowledge of the processes and equipment used on a pharmaceutical packaging line, as well as at the enterprise level around electronic code product information services (EPCIS) and systems. The AE must also possess the ability to communicate technical information with great clarity in specific performance-based and quantifiable terms, and must be highly adept at effectively interfacing with clients and prospects.
- Provide high quality engineering and technical support for the Sales process in close collaboration with the sales representative; work with customers to understand requirements, resolve problems, optimize capabilities, and provide a quantifiable ROI for each solution recommendation.
- Demonstrate accountability for all components of the quote, including design and architecture; implementation and third party services, maintenance and SLA requirements, and enhancements of supported applications in compliance with established corporate policies, procedures, and methods.
- Quickly and accurately analyze existing or proposed packaging line needs and optimize solution to customer’s needs. Acquire data as necessary by working with engineering, IT and line management.
- Communicate findings with customer through conversation, written reports, and oral presentations.
- Lead the technical engagement with customers, principally manufacturing line managers and design engineers in an assigned geography.
- Engage and create relationships with customers’ engineering and analysis personnel, and report back to Sales personnel on conditions, issues and opportunities within the customer’s organization.
- Travel to customers as necessary to conduct line surveys and present application solutions.
- Complete Customer Requests for Quotations/Proposals/SOWs. These documents will require information related to scope parameters, cost and pricing, margin analysis, and technical and commercial comments on capabilities listed in the Sales Catalog.
- Complete Bill of Materials that adhere to customer’s purchase order requirements. Ensure all contract technical submittal requirements are properly identified, transmitted and approved to ensure that the timely completion and delivery of solutions can be successfully satisfied per contract requirements.
- Provide technical support and input for new RFI/RFQ/RFP inquiries that extend beyond the scope of items listed in Systech’s Sales Catalog with engagement from Product Team.
- Define, categorize and update price lists for all services in the Sales Catalog.
- Become an in-house “expert” in understanding customers’ implementation specifications and packaging line system requirements.
- Be a key resource to enable deployment of Systech technology through contributions for engineering manuals, technical whitepapers, and technical marketing publications and by effectively training the industry and disseminating best ways of leveraging Systech solutions.
- Contribute to sales effectiveness by identifying issues, providing information, and recommending options, as well as by providing technical demos and/or proof of concept solutions as required.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Electrical, Computer, Software, or Automation.
- 5+ years experience in engineering; pre-sales engineering experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of packaging industry automation products.
- Knowledge in serialization and pharmaceutical packaging line inspection systems.
- Extensive knowledge of the processes and equipment used on a pharmaceutical packaging line, as well as at the enterprise level around electronic code product information services (EPCIS) and systems.
- Experience converting client requirements into architecture and design with full support of the business development cycle.
- Experience completing Customer Requests for Quotations/Proposals/SOWs and Detailed Design Specification documents.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence and lead team of engineers without direct reporting relationship.
- Strong Commitment to customer satisfaction and direct customer interfacing experience.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-task environment.