Job Title: PeopleSoft QA Testing Analyst
Job Type: Contract
Location: Troy, MI
Need someone who has done QA testing having 5 years of Peoplesoft minimum, 8 yrs over all business analysis, testing. Needs t o be in Finance and HR modules.
Peoplesoft HCM required.
The ideal candidate is a highly technical testing professional with a deep understanding of the PeopleSoft Finance and HR modules. The testing analyst will support our PeopleSoft-delivered and Custom-developed processes in a 9.1 environment.
The QA Analyst will be responsible for the analysis of requirements to design and execute test cases against the PeopleSoft HCM and FIN application modules and third-party vendor software. This position will work with the Implementation team to create the testing approach and test plans in order to execute testing. This position will require complete ownership of the testing process of select modules from start to finish, meticulous attention to detail and flexibility to test different modules.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Mandatory: Analyze complex functional/technical requirements, translate them into test cases, and prepare a detailed test plan utilizing knowledge of the functional application. Conduct peer reviews. Revise plans as necessary and communicate to project team.
- Mandatory: Experience writing medium to complex SQL queries in order to validate the test scenarios.
- Create and execute manual test plans using HP Quality Center 10.0.
- Recommend and develop exceptions to standard procedure as appropriate.
- Perform post implementation testing of production issues as required and monitor Release Management queues for production and non-production code migrations.
- Collaborating on some level with programmers and business experts
- Testing of different modules within PeopleSoft applications HCM or Finance.
- At least 8 years in software business analysis, testing, or related IT experience, with at least 5 years of testing experience in PeopleSoft
- BS or MS/MBA in Computer Science, MIS, Business or equivalent education/training/experience
- Experience with PeopleSoft HCM is required
- Ability to work with SQL Developer/TOAD, Quality Center, PeopleTools
- Flexibility to adapt to testing of different modules within PeopleSoft applications HCM.
- Must have a high level of integrity and a strong desire to work within a team environment. Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Must be flexible to adapt to changing priorities and require minimal supervision
- Good understanding of HRMS concepts and working knowledge of PeopleSoft Time and Labor, NA Payroll, Base Benefits.
- Good understanding of Microsoft BizTalk and client-server based design models
- Good understanding of integration/messaging. Experienced understanding and executing the details across multiple operations functions within the end-to-end flow of operations