UI Implementer HUD AS3, Expression Blend, WFP
- Seattle, WA
Systems Technology International, Inc. (STI), a full service innovative professional services corporation serving in virtually every industry. STI offers professional services in the Technical/Engineering, IT (Information Technology), Creative and marketing, Business Analyst, Accounting and office support areas.
UI Implementer ~ HUD ~ AS3, Expression Blend, WFP
Looking for a UI Implementer to help craft the HUD and front end menu UI for one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry.
While this is not a developer role, we do expect a technically adept individual that can quickly adapt to in-house tools and script environments. Game experience is a plus but is not required. Web design experience very useful.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- You will work collaboratively and proactively with others to problem solve technical issues within our tools set.
- Accurately execute on a wireframe design and problem solves to achieve a high degree of usability and polished visual treatment.
- Rapid prototyping and iterating on various aspects of UI/UX with technical and visual designers will allow us to create feature rich experiences.
- Translate paper designs into robust intuitive interfaces that reduce friction and increase user experience.
- Work closely with producers and game designers to generate clean, innovative, and intuitive design solutions for game UI.
- Approach design planning with structure and data driven solutions in mind.
- Use templates and styles wherever possible to increase iteration and design flexibility.
- Understand how to break down visual comps into usable/efficient assets that you will use in executing design plans.
- Be Responsible for turning wireframe diagrams into functioning front-end screens and working HUD widgets.
- Iterate on UI design ideas using wireframes and sketches to fully realize a final design.
- Collaborate with a team of visual designers, UX professionals and game UI developers to elevate UI functionality and visuals across the game.
- 2+ years experience developing web experiences / mobile applications / games in a professional environment.
- Experienced in all phases of the system development including rapid prototyping, development, testing, documentation and implementation.
- Great communicator that is comfort expressing technical information in layman's terms.
- Experience developing for mobile platforms and/or responsive design.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadline-oriented requests at once.
- Basic skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Basic comprehension of graphic design and production techniques in Web and Game development.