Senior Estimator Electrical and Heavy Civil
St. Louis, MO
Position Type: Permanent
Domain: Construction and Installation
Experience – 3 Years
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 8 Years
Leading company in the construction services industry with nationwide operations include general contracting, construction management, specialty contracting and design-build services is looking for a Senior Estimator.
- Responsibilities include managing the electrical & heavy civil estimating process for assigned projects or for portions of a project requiring special expertise.
- The Senior Estimator is accountable for the quality of the work prepared under his/her direction, and is required to work closely with the owner, design consultant and project manager to prepare cost plans, undertake value engineering, complete cost savings exercises and develop the project budget.
- The Senior Estimator will be familiar with and follow estimating and quality procedures, will develop relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, and will adhere to the company Subcontractor Fairness Policy as well as ensuring the needs of the client are met.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years related experience working in the general contracting industry.
- AIA, AIC, ASPE, CPC, EIT or other relevant certifications are highly encouraged.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with others as a team.
- Strong computer skills, using MS Office, Accubid coupled with familiarity reading blueprints, detailed quantity take-offs and administering contracts/change order procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of estimating experience in heavy construction projects.
- AIA, AIC, ASPE, CPC, EIT or other relevant certifications preferred.
Accubid experience and familiarity reading blueprints, detailed quantity take-offs and administering contracts and change order procedures.