Claims Training Consultant
- 363 George Street, Sydney, Australia
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about. We want to grow with you. Achieve with you. And support you to do your best work. That's why we're focused on developing leadership, promoting diversity, rewarding excellence and retaining great talent.
We're always looking for people who want to go further with us. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart. Why not see where we can go?
This role performs operational activities within level of authority to deliver a quality training service for Claims team members. Works independently and in line with our values, to agreed standards and guidelines with a full practical grasp of systems, methods and applications.
In this role you will:
- Deliver training in line with the TAL Claims Learning strategy and Capability Framework supported by informal and formal classroom training and digital learning (i.e. the 70:20:10 approach to training).
- Internally develop, or externally source, claims-specific training material, utilising case studies, new/changed legislation, new/changed systems and process and other relevant material.
- Support the delivery of technical training expertise, as required.
- Evaluate effectiveness of implemented learning solutions (training) to ensure alignment with the QA and accreditation frameworks.
- Co-ordinate activities aligned to delivery of the required training, including management of registration and attendance to support reporting obligations.
- Maintain current knowledge of life insurance guidelines, processes and policy changes. Ensure that current training materials reflect industry practice and TAL processes and policies, providing clear communication of each of these in a simple and accurate manner to team members.
- Liaise with Claims Governance, Claims Technical Specialists and other key stakeholders to ensure technical training materials are up to date and consistent with the current policies and Process Maps across the Claims business unit.
- Actively participate in and support on Claims Training projects.
- Be responsible for spotting and initiating opportunities for service and process improvement by acting on feedback from stakeholders.
- Respond to stakeholder queries and refers to a more experienced team members regarding any technical queries outside responsibility level.
- Share learning and best practice in order to contribute to overall team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 1-3 years’ experience working in a learning and development role or technical assessment role within the Life Insurance industry (or similar).
- Demonstrated understanding of Life, Trauma, Lump Sum (TPD), Disability and Income Protection claims assessment and management requirements.
- An understanding of eLearning design principles would be an advantage, but is not mandatory.
- Desirable certificate IV in Training and Assessment or Tertiary qualifications in Education.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant regulatory and legal obligations impacting Life Insurance claim assessment.
You’re always accountable for your actions. You never give up. You strive to find the best outcomes for customers and partners. And you value working together to find the best solutions for problems.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We don’t just say it; we do it. We offer a workplace that’s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers.
We know the value of having different people from all walks of life, with varied points of view and attributes regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with. We strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace where a sense of belonging encourages people to bring their full selves to work.
Everyone at TAL has a responsibility to do the right thing and is accountable for the way they conduct themselves. Our expectations are that you follow the principles set out in our Code of Conduct when you come to work every day. Risk management is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are already a TAL employee please apply via the SmartRecruiters button in Workday and navigate to the Employee Portal. This is important to ensure that your application is recorded accurately.