- 363 George Street, Sydney, Australia
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about. We want to grow with you. Achieve with you. And support you to do your best work. That's why we're focused on developing leadership, promoting diversity, rewarding excellence and retaining great talent.
We're always looking for people who want to go further with us. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart. Why not see where we can go?
The Reinsurance Administration team is accountable for managing the administration of Reinsurance Premiums and Claims and related responsibilities and supporting the business in meeting its’ objectives.
As a Reinsurance Analyst you will be accountable for supporting various projects as a Reinsurance SME. You will assist with analysing and performing remediation work where applicable as well as supporting the Reinsurance Administration team to meet the demands of the business.
This role is a 12 month contract.
In this role you will:
- Participate in Reinsurance team projects as required
- Ensure monthly reinsurance validation, adjustments and reconciliations are completed within given timeframes
- Support the team where required to ensure timely and accurate recovery and payment of reinsurance accounts
- Liaise with Reinsurers as required, assisting with Reinsurer queries to ensure accurate data reporting
- Support where required to help the ongoing monitoring of Reinsurance Debtors report and proactive management of outstanding accounts
- Proactively raise and support rectification of all reinsurance related issues relevant to own areas of responsibility
- Refer more complex issues to senior management including but not limited to Head of Reinsurance, Claims and Underwriting Managers
- Identify opportunities and assist to further enhance Reinsurance Operational processes as part of BAU
- Build and develop relationships with stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure continuous strong working relationships with TAL stakeholders and Reinsurers
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in Mathematics and/ or a related discipline
- Experience working in the Life Reinsurance Industry is preferred
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the life insurance industry and awareness of life insurance/reinsurance principles
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with high level of attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel with a working knowledge of SQL
- An ability to work autonomously in a busy environment and able to prioritise urgent business needs and manage multiple deadlines
- Team player who is willing to work openly and effectively with a diverse team
- Self-motivated and able to drive tasks to completion
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- A positive approach to relationship management (internal and external clients), including the ability to be respectful of differing points of view and modify approach as required to obtain the best outcome for TAL’s stakeholders
- An open-minded approach to continuous learning, and the ability to assimilate new knowledge efficiently, building on existing life reinsurance and life insurance product knowledge
You’re always accountable for your actions. You never give up. You strive to find the best outcomes for customers and partners. And you value working together to find the best solutions for problems.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We don’t just say it; we do it. We offer a workplace that’s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers.
We know the value of having different people from all walks of life, with varied points of view and attributes regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with. We strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace where a sense of belonging encourages people to bring their full selves to work.
Everyone at TAL has a responsibility to do the right thing and is accountable for the way they conduct themselves. Our expectations are that you follow the principles set out in our Code of Conduct when you come to work every day. Risk management is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are already a TAL employee please apply via the SmartRecruiters button in Workday and navigate to the Employee Portal. This is important to ensure that your application is recorded accurately.