Organisational Development Consultant
- 363 George Street, Sydney, Australia
Welcome to This Australian Life.
From the millions of Australians we protect, to those that make it happen every day at TAL, people really are what we’re all about. We want to grow with you. Achieve with you. And support you to do your best work. That's why we're focused on developing leadership, promoting diversity, rewarding excellence and retaining great talent.
We're always looking for people who want to go further with us. People who do what’s right, aim high, and work smart. Why not see where we can go?
New Position in a Growing Team!
The Organisational Development Consultant is responsible for designing and delivering programs to support TAL financial, operational and people objectives.
The remit of our team is expanding as we look to take on more exciting opportunities to support the TAL business. The Culture and Organisational Development Team provides thought leadership in all aspects of the people strategy across learning and leadership development, organisational capability, culture, employee insights, talent and graduate development.
As part of the Culture and Organisational Development Team, this role will support the requirements mapped out in the TAL people strategy and will also ensure People and Culture Business Partners and Consultants are engaged in the development of TAL Organisational Development programs.
Each Organisational Development Consultant in the team has a portfolio focus. This role is principally focussed on supporting our culture and engagement initiatives, and leading our People Experience program of work which aims to create a simple, seamless and consistent people experience for our people at TAL across key moments of the employee lifecycle.
In this role you will:
- Project manage our People Experience program of work, managing a working group to launch and embed the defined People Experience across key moments of the TAL Employee Lifecycle.
- Own and lead multiple 'key moments' of the TAL Employee Lifecycle including our onboarding approach, and facilitating monthly welcome workshops for new starters, plus finding opportunities to build quality resources and initiatives that support a simple, seamless and consistent people experience.
- Play a lead role in supporting and championing our employee listening strategy, using data from our monthly engagement surveys to assess and recommend initiatives. Work closely with other members of the People and Culture Team (eg P&C Business Partners, and our Health and Wellbeing Manager) to provide insights and recommendations.
- Engage stakeholders and develop project plans for organisational development programs prioritised by the TAL Business Units (such as the Family Domestic Violence program and Creating High Performing Teams programs). Work with our external vendors to ensure delivery outcomes are met and quality programs delivered.
- Support the P&C Business Partners to communicate, integrate and embed prioritised organisational development programs and improvements. Design and develop support materials and resources to support initiatives defined in Business Unit People Plans.
- Provide thought leadership and advice on all aspects of the people strategy across learning and leadership development, organisational capability, culture, employee insights and talent and graduate development. Develop integrated OD business solutions to support leadership teams, learning and capability needs as outlined in Business Unit people plans.
To be successful in this role you will have,
- Previous experience advising and partnering with key stakeholders in OD related areas (e.g. supporting P&C Business Partners and business stakeholders on engagement, leadership, learning, talent initiatives)
- Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple-project streams in parallel
- Experience working in cross-discipline project teams and leading working groups
- Experience in designing and delivering learning and OD programs
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Agile working style with the ability to prioritise, identify and progress initiatives with minimal direction
- Team player who thrives in a high performing team and culture.
You’re always accountable for your actions. You never give up. You strive to find the best outcomes for customers and partners. And, you value working together to find the best solutions for problems.
Work is a big part of this Australian life, and we work hard to make it one of the best parts. We don’t just say it; we do it. We offer a workplace that’s inclusive and flexible, supporting our people with options that let them make the most of their careers.
We know the value of having different people from all walks of life, with varied points of view and attributes regardless of their age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, intersex status or any disabilities they might be living with. We strive for a diverse and inclusive workplace where a sense of belonging encourages people to bring their full selves to work.
Everyone at TAL has a responsibility to do the right thing and is accountable for the way they conduct themselves. Our expectations are that you follow the principles set out in our Code of Conduct when you come to work every day. Risk management is everyone’s responsibility.
If you are already a TAL employee please apply via the SmartRecruiters button in Workday and navigate to the Employee Portal. This is important to ensure that your application is recorded accurately.