Warehouse Clerk - Oregon
- Portland, OR
Technology Conservation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
The hourly wage for this position: $9.50
Looking for a team player with initiative and excellent interpersonal skills that are flexible, adaptable, and creative and results oriented. This is a warehouse position and environment.
The Warehouse Clerk position would use hand and air tools to demanufacture electronic material and separate according to material types. Candidate should be quick, hard working, able to stand for long periods of time and able to meet daily quotas. Some computer work could be involved for research purposes. They would be expected to cross train in other areas as needed and comply with all company security policies and procedures.
This position is Monday through Thursday, from 7am to 5:30pm (40 hour work week). The shift may be subject to change due to business needs. There may be occasional overtime.
- Sort material
- Use hand and air tools to demanufacture material
- Separate according to material type (plastics, metals, commodity type, sellable material)
- Record on weight sheet in appropriate category
- Removal of all asset tags
- Meet daily quotas
- Market research
- Use approved search methods to determine marketability and preliminary value
- Demonstrate continuous effort to
- Improve operations
- Decrease turnaround times
- Streamline work processes
- Work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Follow procedures and exercise independent judgment in maintaining the routine flow of work
- Understand Technology Conservation Group, Inc.’s QEHS processes and procedures
- Compliance with all company security policies and procedures
- Cross train in other areas as needed
- Occasional mandatory overtime
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use floor scales and mobile scales
- Ability to perform Internet search
- Knowledge of ferrous and non-ferrous metals classification
- Knowledge of commodities separation and classification
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in the English language
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs
- Must be able to push/pull 1000 pounds using a pallet jack
- Must use and /or wear required safety equipment at all times
- Able to hear, see, talk
- Hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information
- Vision abilities include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Speaking abilities to frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly
- Must be able to smell chemicals or materials on fire
Successful completion of Background Investigation to include but not limited to Social Security Trace/Validation; Criminal Felony & Misdemeanor Search (all counties of residence),Statewide Criminal Search (all states of residence) and Employment Verification for the past 7 years; Drug Testing; Subsequent random Background Investigation and Drug Testing. We participate in eVerify. EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you so much for your interest in working with us. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we aren’t able to give status updates, but if you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the manager for that position.
Discover more about our company at www.tcgrecycling.com or at our page on Facebook.