Facility Maintenance Technician
- Lecanto, FL
Technology Conservation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the company’s equipment, building and grounds in a manner that minimizes interruptions in operations and assures employee safety.
Responsible for developing programs to extend equipment life and reliability and to assure safe operations at every level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Although this may be your primary duty or function, you are expected to be cross-trained in other areas of the business and assist in those areas on an as-needed basis.
- Initiates requisition for maintenance and repair supplies in sufficient quantity to meet needs of production, building maintenance equipment, materials and supplies
- Perform building and equipment repairs throughout the building according to submitted work orders to include industrial electrical work.
- Conducts and supervises grounds maintenance of the property
- Screening and selection of building maintenance materials and supplies
- Research pricing of equipment and supplies to identify superior pricing
- Initiates work orders for outside contractors
- Conducts routine testing of equipment and inspection of the warehouse
- Oversees outside contractor and temporary personnel performance
This position's pay is between 17 - 25 per hr depending on level of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems (both ac and dc-current)
- Read and interpret engineering piping and instrument drawings, electrical diagrams and schematics, and electrical logic diagrams
- Electrical experience is a must
- Carpentry, framing and general construction skill.
- Certification in the refrigerant recovery, removal and reclamation is a plus
- Welding certification and/or welding experience is a plus
- Skills in maintaining maintenance facilities, equipment and tools
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify the problem, determine the cause and repair as needed
- Working knowledge and experience with multiple hand tools and power tools
- Ability to operate/drive a powered pallet jack and forklift; scissor lift and truck
- Knowledge of Computer Assisted Drawing/Auto-CAD training is a plus.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Multiple hand tools
- Various powered tools
- Scissor lift/truck
Successful completion of Background Investigation to include but not limited to Social Security Trace/Validation; Criminal Felony & Misdemeanor Search (all counties of residence),Statewide Criminal Search (all states of residence) and Employment Verification for the past 7 years; Drug Testing; Subsequent random Background Investigation and Drug Testing. We participate in eVerify. EEO/Drug Free Workplace.