Facility Maintenance Technician
- Lecanto, FL
Technology Conservation Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Summary: Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the company’s equipment, building and grounds in a manner that minimizes interruptions in operations and assures employee safety. Responsible for developing programs to extend equipment life and reliability and to assure safe operations at every level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Although this may be your primary duty or function, you are expected to be cross-trained in other areas of the business and assist in those areas on an as-needed basis.
- Initiates requisition for maintenance and repair supplies in sufficient quantity to meet needs of production, building maintenance equipment, materials and supplies
- Conducts work in a safe manner which pays close attention to TCG Recycling Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Perform building and equipment repairs throughout the building according to submitted work orders
- Develop and maintain programs through preventative maintenance that extend equipment and building life and reliability as well as assure safe operations at every level
- Uses the TCG Preventive Maintenance System to manage the periodic maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds on the TCG Campus
- Conducts and supervises grounds maintenance of the property
- Screening and selection of building maintenance materials and supplies
- Maintain trend facility maintenance-related data
- Research pricing of equipment and supplies to identify superior pricing
- Prioritizes work orders for completion in a systematic and efficient manner
- Initiates work orders for outside contractors
- Conducts routine testing of equipment and inspection of the warehouse
- Oversees outside contractor and temporary personnel performance
- Must be willing to work occasional Saturday and weekday overtime
- Understand Technology Conservation Group’s QEHS processes and procedures
- Demonstrate continuous effort to
- Improve operations
- Decrease turnaround times
- Streamline work processes
- Work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Exercise independent judgment in maintaining the routine flow of work
- Compliance with all company security policies and procedures
- Cross train in other areas as needed
- Occasional mandatory overtime
- Must be able to be on feet and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to bend and stoop frequently
- Must be able to work in varying temperatures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work at elevations to 30', with fall protection.
- Able to hear, see, talk
- Hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information
- Vision abilities include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Speaking abilities to frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly
- Repetitive motion movements using wrists, hands and / or fingers
- Must use and / or wear required safety equipment at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems (both ac and dc current)
- Read and interpret engineering piping and instrument drawings, electrical diagrams and schematics, and electrical logic diagrams
- Carpentry, framing and general construction skill.
- Certification in the refrigerant recovery, removal and reclamation is a plus
- Welding certification and/or welding experience is a plus
- Skills in maintaining maintenance facilities, equipment and tools
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify the problem, determine the cause and repair as needed
- Working knowledge and experience with multiple hand tools and power tools
- Ability to operate/drive a powered pallet jack and forklift; scissor lift and truck
- Knowledge of Computer Assisted Drawing/Auto-CAD training is a plus.
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Multiple hand tools
- Various powered tools
- Scissor lift/truck
Requirements: Successful completion of Background Investigation to include but not limited to Social Security Trace/Validation; Criminal Felony & Misdemeanor Search (all counties of residence), Statewide Criminal Search (all states of residence) and Employment Verification for the past 7 years; Drug Testing; Subsequent random Background Investigation and Drug Testing.
Successful completion of Background Investigation to include but not limited to Social Security Trace/Validation; Criminal Felony & Misdemeanor Search (all counties of residence),Statewide Criminal Search (all states of residence) and Employment Verification for the past 7 years; Drug Testing; Subsequent random Background Investigation and Drug Testing. We participate in eVerify. EEO/Drug Free Workplace.
Discover more about our company at www.tcgrecycling.com or at our page on Facebook.