Test Engineer 1
- Reston, VA
TORIS Technologies LLC is a consulting/engineering company providing Systems Engineering and Technical Advice, Information Solutions, and Mission/Operations support for government clients.
Headquartered in Reston VA, we specialize in filing the needs of the Intelligence Community and DoD. We offer very competitive compensation and benefits package including training and certification courses in HP technology and products (e.g., OpenFlow based SDN) to maintain proficiency in advanced networking products/solutions.
TORIS Technologies LLC is currently looking for a softwareTest Engineer to join our team in the Northern Virginia area (located at our customer facility). This position requires an engineer who has a strong desire to work with a variety of projects across the enterprise. Our test engineer will work as part of an integrated team to investigate customer problems referred by technical support, review user application system requirements documentation, transform test plans into test scripts and execute those scripts, document software defects, and report defects to software developers.
- Coordinate closely with project customers (project managers and developers) and within the performance test team
- Draft test scenarios, write code, and operate performance test tools that verify the performance of services and web-based, n-tier (J2EE and Ruby) applications
- Collect, analyze, and document performance statistics from servers using various statistics collection tools
- Conduct compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects
- Design or develop automated testing tools and document results of performance tests
- Design, define and document unit and application test plans
- Prepare formal test reports and informally brief the reports in a detailed manner
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years
- 3 or more years of demonstrated software testing experience and general working knowledge of computer systems components, such as CPU, memory, hard drives and networks, to assist in the analysis process
- Demonstrated experience and background in XML, HTML and JAVA Script
- Demonstrated experience with C/C++ programming experience (Ability to modify application code and write C/C++ code modules within the test tool)
- Demonstrated experience with performance test tools such as Compuware QA Load, LoadRunner, ITKO LISA.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to perform some system administration duties to test configuration environment
- Ability to work with subject matter experts to create and debug test scripts that simulate multiple connections/users interacting with services and web applications on test servers
- All Applicants must posses an active TS/SCI with polygraph at time of hire
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and/or testing web services and/or n-tier web-based applications.
- Demonstrated Java programming experience.
- Demonstrated system administration background.
- Demonstrated experience using ITKO Lisa, SOATest, QA Load or LoadRunner performance test tools.
- Demonstrated experience with ServerVantage, Veritas or Performance Monitor.
- Demonstrated experience testing web services and/or n-tier web based J2EE applications.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and/or testing SOA supported software applications