Senior Project Manager
- San Diego, CA
TSP, Inc. provides a wide range of cost-effective, best in class IT-related business solutions. Protect your IT investment from the high cost of failure, downtime, and operating overhead - help your company flourish with one of TSP's comprehensive service programs. TSP provides superior technical services throughout the United States and Canada.
The overall scope of this position is to manage programs, projects and activities and ensure a predictable timeline and agreed outcome, ensuring that the solutions are implemented according to Company’s storage architecture within the customer’s environment.
- Overall coordination and integration of multiple programs, projects and activities that support the customer’s storage environment.
- Ability to integrate complex, diverse program and/or project activities into a total system solution where projects may consist of: new technologies, highly specialized technologies, very aggressive timetables, multiple concurrent tasks, tight budgets, and span multiple areas and geographies.
- Provide accountability and a central focus to all planning activities.
- Plan and manage the interfaces between program and/or projects.
- Ensure clear communication across programs and/or projects, and gain commitment to achieve and drive to meet goals.
- Define processes and plans, and validate with Executive sponsor.
- Facilitate communication and reconciliation between program and/or project and functional management.
- Responsible for meeting program and/or project objectives.
- Identify, utilize and manage key resources required to meet program, and or/project objectives.
- Manage technical and business risk at the highest level.
- Control project variances and change.
- Be a strategic thinker.
- Responsible for managing to agreed upon budget and Level of Effort.
- Understand matrix and project organizations, and how to work effectively within them.
- Provide guidance and/or supervision, and training to up to 50 program and/or project team members. Interview internal employees and outside partners for resource scheduling.
- Address and resolve program and/or project related customer issues.
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience, a 12 to 15 years total experience preferred in a similar environment is required.Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Strong spreadsheet capability and other project management applications as required for reporting, tracking charts, checklists and project scheduling.
- Proficient in MS Project and PPT
- Work with organizations and data centers around the world in multiple time zones
- Understand cultures and communication styles from around the world.
- Data storage or systems management experience
- Strong command of MS Project, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
- Data storage or systems management experience.
- Business and financial management experience
- PMI Certification required
- PRINCE2 certification desired
- ITILv3 Foundation Certification preferred