Storage Engineer (1230)
- San Jose, CA
TSP, Inc. provides a wide range of cost-effective, best in class IT-related business solutions. Protect your IT investment from the high cost of failure, downtime, and operating overhead - help your company flourish with one of TSP's comprehensive service programs. TSP provides superior technical services throughout the United States and Canada.
We are currently looking for a Storage Engineer that can ensure customer and client expectations are being exceeded by providing a variety of IT support and services which include:
- Maintaining a high technical expertise of all Hitachi and/or SUN storage products.
- Responsible for Customer relationships and detailed problem analysis.
- Providing direction and acts as a mentor to more junior Storage Engineers for initial problem determination and resolution.
- Overseesing preventative, predictive and concurrent maintenance activities.
- 4-7 years experience with storage environments such as NetApp, SUN, EMC, and Hitachi.
- Open Systems background. Must have basics of today's technology platforms in the storage arena.
- Must have multiple Operating Systems knowledge such as UNIX, Windows and S/390.
- Must be able to work weekends and nights for on-call duty.
- Provides in-depth Customer interface for all technical related issues.
- Can perform in-depth analysis of customer problems.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.