UX Design Intern
- 37 West 39th St., New York, NY
TVI is a digital marketing agency based in Manhattan, NY. Since 2002, we've helped build over 200 digital brands and launched numerous award-winning websites. We work hand-in-hand with the brands we serve and help them craft strategies that capture attention and keep their customers engaged. We're looking for bright, motivated, innovative individuals to join our agency and help us grow! More importantly, we will help you grow.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our billion users.
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Partner with PMs, engineers, researchers and content strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch.
- Pursuing a B.A./ B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, HCI, Industrial or Graphic design, or related field.
- 1-2 years experience work or classroom experience evolving design solutions from hand sketched ideas to interactive Director, HTML or Flash prototypes.
- Strong portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build').
- Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - should be able to clearly articulate design decisions.
- Some experience with front-end programming. Should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application.
- Ability to apply strategic, business-building approach to User Experience designs while integrating user research and usability evaluation throughout.
- Strong problem solving with balanced interaction and visual design skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as self-confidence.
- This is an internship position
- You will receive a stipend of $400/week