Business Development Representative
- New York, NY
Take the Interview ("TTI") is changing the way companies interview and engage with talent. Our passion is in helping organizations hire better talent faster. Guess who's got our backs? Phenomenal VC firms such as StarVest Partners and Emerald Stage2Ventures and a slew of rockstar advisors.
For more, check out the site: www.taketheinterview.com
Why join us? We’re solving real problems for major brands like Zappos, NBCUniversal, Virgin Airlines and Condé Nast. We're a growing technology startup located in the heart of NYC. We have fun, are constantly learning, and challenge one another to be the best we can be.
We are looking for a candidate that aspires to grow within TTI, and more broadly, use this opportunity to grow their career. This position is designed as a 15-month training program that will will prepare you to work as an Account Executive in our Sales Team.
What the Sales Team is:
We're the group in charge of bringing new revenue to the company. We do not focus on current clients (that's Account Management), rather, we speak with prospective clients to learn which may find value using our recruiting software. We need to be able to translate software functionality into real-world business outcomes (that's what people are interested in buying, after all), and our biggest focus is on being effective storytellers so that prospects understand the success of current clients.
What you will help us with:
- Identify companies and their recruiting leaders who may be able to leverage our software
- Have early-stage conversations with prospects to identify their needs
- Evangelize our software and teach others about how successful recruiting teams use it
- Work with Account Executives to plan for productive sales demos
- Test market positioning and messaging around our product
- Generally provide prospects with a great first experience speaking with Take the Interview
- Secure an entry to a fast-growing startup
- Gain way more responsibility than you'll find anywhere else
- Be part of a young and growing team that's great to work with
- Start a career driving revenue generation, one of the most transferable skills out there
What we need you to have:
- A genuine interest in helping a breakthrough technology reach end-users
- Analytical problem solving skills and an excitement for new challenges
- A gift for communication, you're consistently able to translate what we do into successful outcomes for prospects
- The ability to see connections from seemingly unrelated topics and activities
- A competitive nature and intrinsic motivation to do well at anything you try
We’d be extra excited if you have:
- Any past sales experience
- An interest in Sales or Marketing
- Any plans to start your own business one day
Base Salary + Commission + Benefits + Equity
That's it. If you've gotten this far and are still excited, please drop us a note and say hello.