Senior Software Engineer (Backend) | Bay Area
- 75 E Santa Clara St, San Jose, CA 95113, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Software should work for you, not the other way around. Yet, most software for product development is difficult to use and needs a lot of time to configure; it was not purpose-built for modern, cross-functional teams building rapidly.
At Tara, we’re designing simple yet powerful software to solve these complex problems. We've built a smart platform that's helping thousands of engineers and teams deliver on planned releases, with improved predictability.
We're a founding team of seasoned engineers and product folks, building for innovators. We're passionate about enabling engineers and builders that create the platforms the world uses, everyday. Our investors include YCombinator, Acrew and Slack Fund.
If you have an innate curiosity around software teams with a desire to solve their problems, we would love to hear from you.
- Building and maintaining a serverless architecture on GCP
- Maintaining a set of internal Node Packages for shared code
- Architecting and maintain our backend with Firestore and Firebase Services
- Creating and maintaining a logging strategy for incoming back end errors
- Working on architecting and implementing data pipelines and connecting to external services for machine learning, analytics and predictive analysis
- Working closely with team leads on maintaining readable documentation, RFC’s and Process improvements for the wide engineering team.
- Mentorship and one on ones with junior engineers
- Keeping up to pace with the latest features of GCP and Node
- Actively participating in code and design reviews
- Coaching, educating, and evangelizing software development best practices
- Experience with data storage technologies such as NoSQL, GraphQL, Firebase,
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience as a senior engineer developing on cloud services
- Experience with Node and modern ES standards
- Experience building highly scalable services
- API design theory, and and able to describe why one might choose JSON/REST over gRPC or GraphQL
- Experience identifying, testing, and resolving performance concerns
- Team Git workflow and version control
Our technical stack
React, NodeJS, Redux, Hooks, Firebase, Firestore, Google Cloud Platform
What we offer
100% healthcare coverage with Platinum medical and dental plans
Unlimited paid time off (PTO) policy
Regular virtual happy hours and team bonding activities