- Falls Church, VA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. Tax Analysts is a CAREing Company.
This position is responsible for reviewing print and electronic copy for grammar, punctuation, clarity, style, and flow. Also ensures accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established formats. Assists the Copy Desk Manager in coordinating assigned projects. Works under general supervision.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Reads and copy edits news stories, special reports, commentary, and analysis daily to meet deadlines. Checks for grammar, punctuation, clarity, style, and flow.
- Ensures accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established formats. Follows company style manual.
- Directs style or content questions and issues to editors or supervisor as needed.
- Provides guidance to writers, editors, etc. regarding style questions.
- Monitor document status in Content Management System.
- May work late hours if necessary.
- Adheres to established deadlines.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have an excellent understanding of style and grammar, with precise attention to detail
- Must possess strong writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines
- Motivated and well-organized
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Office, electronic databases, and web searching preferred
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to meet strict daily and weekly deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work long hours on deadline
- Demonstrated dependability through punctual attendance
- BA in English, journalism, or related field that requires strong writing skills, or equivalent in experience
- At least three years of editing experience required
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.