- Falls Church, VA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. Tax Analysts is a CAREing Company.
Under general supervision, ensures proper computer operation to end-users by receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving help requests. Provides problem resolution by the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as providing in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Occasional on-call or weekend work may be required but typically not to exceed more than 2 days per month.
- Fields incoming help requests from end-users via telephone, email and the ticketing system in a timely manner
- Builds rapport and elicits problem details from help desk customers
- Records user information and problem details and tracks help desk requests including successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken through to final resolution
- Prioritizes problem tickets and escalates for resolution when required
- Applies diagnostic utilities and uses internet and other resources to research and aid in problem identification and resolution
- Accesses and implements software updates, drivers, and patches to resolve system issues
- Identifies and learns appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Performs hands-on deployments and fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Tests fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Documents problem resolutions in internal knowledge base
- Performs post-resolution follow-ups to help requests
- Performs preventative maintenance on end user equipment
- Develops help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users. Develops and delivers resource training and materials for new and existing staff
- Responsible for end-user asset management, warranty lifecycle management and reporting on all systems lifecycles
- Assists in research and recommends hardware and software replacement/upgrades
- Performs, logs, and reports on results of routine tasks on a scheduled basis, including changing backup tapes and reviewing system logs
- College degree, or two years of work experience in similar position required
- Experience operating and setting up PCs and connecting to local area networks and the Internet required
- Experience with MS Office and email systems required
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: A+, Net+, or Security+
- Must be able to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and be able to work in tight spaces such as crawl spaces, ceilings, etc.
- Must be able to lift and transport 25 to 50 pounds of heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.