- Falls Church, VA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. Tax Analysts is a CAREing Company.
Tax Analysts, a nonprofit multimedia legal tax publisher, has an opening for a reporter to cover state-level tax-related news. Responsibilities include filing daily and weekly news stories as well as breaking news updates for the Web.
- Researches, reports, and writes stories, document summaries, or other news content for print and electronic publications as requested by the editors.
- Covers state tax-related hearings, press conferences, and other events or developments as assigned.
- Collects information by obtaining press kits, government releases, other documents, and interviews; does thorough research. Develops a “beat” as assigned by the editors, and a network of sources knowledgeable about that beat.
- Coordinates story ideas and writing assignments with editorial staff as needed. Attends editorial meetings.
- May be required to travel to cover tax-related events in other cities.
We strive to stir up great tax policy debate -- and fuel it with the best news and commentary around. Because our publication has no advertising, no holds are barred in the aggressive pursuit of all angles of a given story -- an advantage that few other periodicals can offer.
- At least one year of reporting experience and a Journalism degree required, or the equivalent in experience.
- Ability to write clear, accurate, and informative articles, often under deadline pressure, is essential.
- Must possess strong writing skills, be computer-literate, and excel under multiple deadlines.
- A knowledge of tax issues is desirable.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.