- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. Tax Analysts is a CAREing Company.
Works independently, often from various outside locations, to write tax-related news stories by attending scheduled meetings, press conferences, and events.Conducts interviews, research, and fact-checking. Maintains contacts with government officials, private practitioners, and other sources. Participates in weekly editorial meetings.
1. Researches, reports, and writes stories, document summaries, or other news content for print and electronic publications as requested by the editors.
2. Covers scheduled tax-related state, federal, or international hearings, press conferences, and other events or developments as assigned.
3. Collects information by obtaining press kits, government releases, other documents, and interviews; does thorough research. Develops a “beat” as assigned by the editors, and a network of sources knowledgeable about that beat.
4. Coordinates story ideas and writing assignments with editorial staff as needed. Attends editorial meetings.
5. Enters information in the Content Management System, according to established procedures.
6. May be required to travel to cover tax-related events in other cities or countries.
7. Adheres to established publication deadlines and company style guide.
8. May use social media to engage with readers and build source networks.
- BA in English, writing, or journalism, or equivalent in experience required
- 1 to 3 years of relevant reporting experience required (tax, budget, or policy/government preferred),
combined with writing experience
- Proficiency with MS Windows, Word and Internet searching
- Ability to work well under daily deadline pressure and adjust to changing priorities
- Must be capable of aggressively pursuing all angles of a given story
- Must be willing to travel
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.