- 400 S Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA 22046, USA
Tax Analysts offers a casual work environment -- pet friendly and relaxed dress code -- where talented individuals come together to produce great work. Our staff enjoys free covered parking, free coffee and tea, and exercise room with showers, and a working environment that embraces team collaboration and innovation. Here you will have the opportunity to pursue a fulfilling career and still have time for what's important to you personally, such as family, travel, education, or giving back to the community.
We are committed to providing a workplace that offers family-friendly policies and a flexible atmosphere that caters to the needs of working professionals. We strive to offer a realistic work/life balance, competitive compensation, and a generous benefits package. Tax Analysts is a CAREing Company.
This position is responsible for copy-to-copy proofreading of various documents, ensuring that originals are accurately reproduced. Checks citations and links for accuracy, and performs quality checks on documents. May also perform more complex tasks. Works under general supervision.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Proofreads copy-to-copy full-text print/electronic documents to meet magazine deadlines. Ensures that originals are accurately reproduced, and format and coding conform to strict print publication requirements.
2. Performs light copyediting on in-house materials such as shells, summaries, news stories, special reports, etc. Checks for grammar, punctuation, clarity, style, and flow, according to established policies and procedures.
3. Ensures accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established formats. Follows company style manual.
4. Checks magazine cites for accuracy.
5. May answer style questions, and assist in training new proofreaders, as required or assigned.
6. Assists in prioritizing documents to efficiently meet deadlines; supervisor as required or assigned.
7. Enters document status information in Content Management System according to established policies and procedures.
8. Proofreads electronic versions of weekly print magazines, ensuring conformity of format and style throughout.
9. May perform more complex tasks, including doing a weekly board read on the flagship magazine prior to publication.
10. May work late hours on magazine deadline days.
11. Proofreads and performs quality checks on printouts of documents loaded to the company website.
12. Adheres to established deadlines.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must be proficient in use of style and grammar, with excellent attention to detail
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to quickly spot irregularities or errors in documents ready for final transmission
- Familiarity with form of style, such as AP
- Proofreads documents at a reasonable pace with a minimum of errors
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines
- Motivated and well-organized
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Office, electronic databases, and web searching preferred
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to meet strict daily and weekly deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work long hours on deadline
- Demonstrated dependability through punctual attendance
- High school diploma or GED; college degree in English, journalism, or a related field highly preferred
- At least one year of proofreading or related editorial experience required
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.