Production Technologies Coordinator
- Boca Raton, FL
Taylor & Francis (T&F) Group, is a Boca Raton, Florida based international publishing company in print and electronic media. T&F has over 600 employees located across the United States, T&F offers a competitive salary and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer/DFWP.
Interested candidates may apply to email@example.com.
Using knowledge of developing technologies, the Production Technologies Coordinator will work with the book Production teams to determine hardware and software standards needed to support existing and future workflows. Assists Production Technologies Manager in lifecycle support of automation systems as well as existing or future workflows.
- Provides technical and automation support for the typesetting, art, and electronic groups using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Provides technical and automation support for the editing group using Word.
- Provides technical support and coordinates efforts to maintain Production workflows.
- Identifies workflow tasks that can be streamlined or automated through scripting. Oversees scripting of new tasks and the updating of existing scripts
- Tracks developing software and technologies that might be useful to Production. Works with PTM to formulate introducing advances in software and technology
- College degree preferred but strong technical knowledge most important
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
* Minimum three years experience in applying technology to publishing production.
* Be fluent in XML and XSLT use.
* Strong technical knowledge of publishing software and technology
* Ability to detect new trends in publishing technology and workflows.
* Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.