EIS Data Modeler
- Santa Monica, CA
EIS Data Modeler
Location: Near Santa Monica, CA
Length: 6 Months +
The Data Modeler will be responsible for Data Architecture tied to operational and analytical data stores. This may include modifying the ODS, Data Warehouse model design, ETL architecture & design, BI solutions, and Dashboards. The modeler interfaces with business stakeholders/senior business analysts to gather DW requirements and translate business requirements into dimensional data models.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and five years work related experience in the Data Warehouse/Data management field; OR Associate’s degree in computer science or related field and seven years work related experience in the Data Warehouse/Data Management field; OR Ten years work related experience in the Data Warehouse/Data Management field
• At least five years experience working in the Hospital industry
• At least five years experience as a Data Modeler
• At least three years with data warehouse modeling experience
• Must have a good understanding of Oracle Database
• At least two years recent experience creating data models in a data warehouse environment using a recognized enterprise data modeling tool (e.g. Embarcadero ER/Studio)
• Experience managing major systems implementations and complex development projects
• Experience compiling flowcharts and ER diagrams
• Experience with facilitating and documenting system requirements sessions.
• Experience creating technical documentation of reports and data/report models.
• Experience with utilizing star schema data stores as the basis for report development.
• Experience with facilitating and participating in QA efforts on BI projects.
• Minimum three years working with relational databases.
• Must have a thorough understanding of data models and database design concepts.
• Knowledge of development life-cycle and production environment procedures.
• Must have technical data warehouse skills including building data marts, data modeling, and coding ETL tools.
• Must have excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills: both written and verbal.
• Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems.
• Must have demonstrated, excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person.
• Ability to read, write and maintain SQL Code.
• Experience gathering and documenting business requirements.
With Best Regards......
Naresh Kumar Pyla
Sr. Technical Recruiter | Tech Tammina