- Montreal, QC, Canada
This job application remains open even when we don’t have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the advertising and film industries. From pitch to delivery, from Virtual Production techniques to the latest in photo-real CG character development, from the most minute detail to epic earth-shattering effects, MPC Film delivers new levels of expertise to VFX.
MPC is home to brave creators who are eager to combine innovation, craft and creativity to bring entirely different ideas and experiences to audiences everywhere. Working at MPC is where passion and purpose come together; we support new ways of thinking to empower talent as we continue to lead the industry.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our global network of studios produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The Producer is the manager for the show delivery team, overseeing budget, financials and all aspects of production to ensure delivery of an expected strong standard and on time. They act as the face of MPC to the client, responsible for delivering the expected service standard as well as negotiating our financial compensation post award and facilitating the production’s schedule requirements within MPC.
All producers require a basic financial understanding, an aptitude for project management, in depth experience in scheduling and an ability to manage diverse groups of people and foster strong team bonds.
Client requests, budget management, various deliveries, etc can be challenging at times requiring someone who has grace, tenacity and perseverance to cope within a demanding environment.
- Client Accountability. Proactively foster strong client dialogue/communication at all times.
- Clear direct in client reviews – delivering narrative and commentary that allows others to understand what is required moving forward.
- Financial accountability. Understands financial targets and delivers plans to meeting them including timely and accurate bidding.
- Exploits opportunities for growth and profitability in order to overachieve.
- Aids clean and up-to-date accounting (e.g. revenue forecasting, invoicing)
- Proposes ways in which shows can run more economically, partnering with Finance on this.
- Project management. Ensures reports are reliable, timely and complete. (e.g. Ones, Quota, Client Report).
- Leads weekly show delivery meeting with members of Senior Management, ensuring accurate data is presented and escalating accordingly on missed quota and changes to schedules and quotas.
- Follows through on actions from delivery and escalation meetings. Holds delivery team to account on theirs
- Managing team. Sets the tone for Production team, acting professionally and responsibly at all times and offering mentorship and on-the-job training wherever possible including new Producers.
- Sends regular show-wide communications to update the crews on achievements such as trailer deliveries, weekly finals attainment etc.
- Helps to cultivate a productive and healthy culture, resonating the MPC values.
- Client facing – it is essential to be confident, clear and calm with all clients, and possess an ability to ‘read the room’. The faculties to steer conversations to a constructive outcome, maintaining diplomacy and professionalism, whilst creating a pleasant, warm and productive working relationship are critical
- Scheduling – there should be a proven ability to schedule work of a complex nature, especially within the VFX space, with a thorough understanding of quota-based tracking and forecasting
- Adaptability – the will to shift gears mentally and deal with both ambiguity and fluidity, whilst supporting and leading others through the same is essential
- Finance – understanding budgeting, analysing bids vs. actuals and spend vs. completion, and costing work relative to scope and within the competitive marketplace are skills which should be well attuned, as well as a basic grasp of profit and loss
- Commercial acumen – strategic decision-making within the business as an influencer. Being able to understand company finances, resourcing and the ultimate aims of the business is important
- Role modelling – demonstrate and lead on the values, initiatives and culture of an organisation and how to motivate large teams directly and indirectly
- Professional expertise – A strong working knowledge of the VFX industry, trends in consumption and market activity are looked for
- Coaching and mentoring – Whether local Supervisors, junior colleagues or piers, you will be proficient in developing skills, building stronger project leaders and fostering the right culture
- Organisational skills – personal efficiency, time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands and delegate appropriately are key
- Trust – a trusted confidante on senior talent management, financial management and new business opportunities
- Calm composure – client requests, various deadlines and high pressure, must be able to have a strong constitution for what can be demanding situations.
Any of the following technical skills is a bonus:
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating system
- Must have Expert knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel, Shotgun, FileMaker and to learn proprietary studio tools quickly and effectively
Any of the following experience is a great advantage:
- Previous experience working in a VFX environment
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.