- Montreal, QC, Canada
Mikros Animation is a global CGI animation studio, part of Technicolor Creative Studios, located in Paris, Montreal, Los Angeles, Bangalore and London, dedicated to feature films and episodic content. Since its inception, Mikros Animation has always put creativity and CG artistry at the heart of its animation and production activities, allowing our artists to work across a great variety of stories with a high level of stylized craft. So far, Mikros Animation has contributed to ten released feature animations and to numerous high-quality animated series, for the world’s best-known animation studios, either as creative studio, line producer or executive producer. Mikros Animation has also produced more than 250 hours of programming, broadcast by notable channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, TF1, France TV, Gulli, M6, Gloob, and Super RTL. Our animated episodic content airs and streams globally, in over 180 countries.
At Mikros Animation, we believe great animation is about making real connections with real people. By partnering with filmmakers to unite their creative visions, with our industry-leading craftsmanship and artistry, we create characters that connect with audiences on an authentic and emotional level to bring powerful stories to life.
Under the supervision of the TD Supervisor, the Technical Directors (TD) are involved in the design, development, optimization and maintenance of the pipeline and production tools.
Led and accompanied by TD Animation Lead, the TD Crowd specializes in crowd manufacturing workflow issues in Maya and Goalem. He works closely with the Animation and Character divisions (dedicated to film production) which include modeling character, rig and CFX.
- Create and support crowd-generating tools.
- Collaborate with the Crowd Supervisor and Animation Director to create tools and optimizations;
- Integrate services or tools into the pipeline by writing PYTHON and/or C + + plugins and extensions to support and improve crowd performance;
- Write documentation on developed tools and codes;
- Respect the production schedule and quotas communicated by the Coordination team and the Supervisor;
- Execute the requested corrections with analytical thinking;
- Work with the Supervisor to ensure integration and maintenance of configurations;
- Maintain good understanding and team dynamics.
- Knowledge of Maya
- Knowledges in Crowd engines like Goalem is a plus
- Strong knowledge of 3D and the production chain of an animation film
- Good level of English imperative
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.