Assistant Manager - Canton, MA
- Canton, MA
Manages by assisting and/or replacing the General Manager in his/her absence. The Assistant Manager needs to be fully prepared to do all the managerial duties and complete them in the time allowed. The Assistant Manager must maintain the daily routine of the store. You are part of the stores management team and must work as a team player.
Job Hours: Hourly Position
- Knows how to open, operate and close the store.
- Makes sure all sale signage is up weekly, and all employees are aware of the sale items.
- Responsible for ordering, merchandising and store appearance, including; stocking and cleaning.
- Complies with all rules and regulations.
- Is a positive role model.
- Answers customer complaints and inquiries.
- Works with the General Manager on schedules and shift duties for all employees.
- Supervises shift change.
- Monitor’s employee attitude and addresses the issues or concerns with the employee.
- Must bring any employee concerns or issues to the General Manager.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Three months or more in retail.
Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Organizational Responsibilities: Must have strong organizational skills relating to setting priorities and completing tasks.
Decision Making: Decision-making is required with frequent consultation with supervisor.
Problem Solving: Must posses the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner. The scope of problems can be routine to complex.
Confidential: The Assistant Manager must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
Job Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach and lift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the jobholder.