Assistant General Manager
Manages by assisting and/or replacing the General Manager in his/her absence. The Assistant Manager needs to be fully prepared to do all the managerial duties and complete them in the time allowed. The Assistant Manager must maintain the daily routine of the store. You are part of the stores management team and must work as a team player.
- Open, operate and close the store
- Assists in all sale signage weekly
- Responsible for ordering, merchandising and store appearance, including; stocking and cleaning
- Answer customer complaints and inquiries
- Assists /supervises shift changes
- Assists with checking in vendors
- Works to prevent cash shortages and inventory losses
- Assists General Manager with weekly store schedule and setting shift duties
- Provides new hire orientation and training
- Monitor's and addresses employee relations. Addresses issues and concerns as needed
Job Hours: Hourly Position. Schedule will vary. Candidates must be flexible to work day/night, weekends, and holidays.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Three months or more in retail.
Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. As an assistance manager there will be interaction with customers and management daily
Organizational Responsibilities: Must have strong organizational skills relating to setting priorities and completing tasks.
Problem Solving: Must possess the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner.
Job Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach, and lift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the jobholder.