Assistant Deli Manager - Charlestown, MA
- Boston, MA
Manages the Foodservice department by assisting and/or replacing the Foodservice Manager in his/her absence. Will be engaged in selling specific, related, or general lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Job Hours: Normal operating hours.
- Assigns employees to specific duties to allow for optimum service levels for customer service.
- Supervises as well as assist employees engaged in sales work, ensures that all portion control, weight amounts, and recipes are accurately followed.
- Supervises as well as assists employees engaged in product preparation, cleaning and sanitation work.
- Responsible for ordering merchandise and verifies that all rotational procedures are followed for all perishable product received.
- Ensures compliance of established security, sales, and recordkeeping procedures and practices.
- Answers customer’s complaints or inquiries.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum Experience: Three to six months’ related experience and/or training.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, and volume.
Communication Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers and employees.
Organizational Responsibilities: Must possess strong time management skills, setting priorities and completing tasks.
Decision Making: Possess adequate operational knowledge to make store level decisions with regards to training and product safety.
Problem Solving: Must possess ability to recognize problems and solve them in a timely manner.
Supervisory Responsibilities: In the absence of the Foodservice Manager the Assistant Foodservice Manage is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Food Service Department. In the absence of the Foodservice Manager additional responsibilities within the Food Service Department may also include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts of slicer(s). The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, extreme cold (in walk-in freezer), and extreme heat (ovens, grilles). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to use hands, to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.