General Manager Trainee - Merimack Valley
- Lowell, MA
The General Manager Trainee will train on all aspects of the General Manager's position including: Supervisory responsibilities for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the store. Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities within the store include; interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Hours: Hourly position (45 hours/wk)
- Plans and prepares work schedules for the store and assigns employees to specific duties to allow for optimum service levels for customer service, yet still adhering to payroll guidelines established by Division Manager.
- Enforces pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations as established by corporate policy.
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing merchandise and/or displays.
- Enforces all corporate policies in accordance with set guidelines.
- Supervises employees engaged in the operation of all aspects of the store, including the food service department, if applicable.
- Responsible for ordering, merchandising, store appearance including; stocking, re-stocking and cleaning.
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices.
- Answers customer's complaints or inquiries.
- Responsible for delegating duties to all employees.
- Must be a consistently good role model for the whole store.
- Needs to be accessible to all employees.
- Needs to pay attention to employee morale and attitudes and address all issues and concerns.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Six months or more in retail.
Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
Organizational Responsibilities: Must have strong organizational skills relating to setting priorities and completing tasks.
Decision Making: Decision-making is required with frequent consultation with supervisor.
Problem Solving: Must possess the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner. The scope of problems can be routine to complex.
Confidential: The General Manager Trainee must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
Job Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach and lift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the jobholder.