Assists the General Manager and Assistant Manager in certain managerial duties as deemed fit by the General Manager and Division Manager. The Specialist needs to be fully prepared to take the next step in his/her career to Assistant Manager. The Specialist is a leader and a positive role model to all associates during the daily routine of the store.
Job Hours: Hourly Position, Will be expected to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Is always customer oriented and promotes good customer service skills.
- Answers customer complaints and inquiries.
- Assists in all sale signage weekly, and makes all employees aware of the sale items.
- Assists in some ordering, merchandising, and store appearance, including; stocking and cleaning.
- Complies with all rules and regulations.
- Is a positive role model – mentor for the store.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Assists /or Supervises shift changes.
- Must bring any employee concerns or issues to the General Manager.
- Assists with checking in vendors.
- Understands the importance of cash shortages and inventory losses and the effect it has on the store and the company.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Three months or more in retail.
Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Organizational Responsibilities: Must have strong organizational skills relating to setting priorities and completing tasks.
Decision Making: Decision-making is required with frequent consultation with supervisor.
Problem Solving: Must possess the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner. The scope of problems can be routine to complex.
Confidential: The Specialist must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
Job Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach, and lift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the jobholder.