P/T Cashiers - Haverhill, MA
- Haverhill, MA
Primary responsibility is to service and satisfy the customer by operating the following efficiently; cash register, lottery machine, money order machine, EBT machine and credit card machines, in accordance with the policy and standards established by the Corporate Office. Maintaining all standards and following the General Manager or Assistant Manager’s direction as well as completing assigned duties
Job Hours: Hourly Position
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is always customer oriented and knows their #1 priority is Customer Service.
- Strong communication skills.
- Complies with all company rules and regulations.
- Knows the company policy on attendance / appearance and follows the policy.
- Follows all safety rules.
- Stocks and replenishes the shelves and coolers as needed or instructed.
- Correctly operates the cash register, lottery, money order and credit card machines.
- Is aware of price changes and sale items.
- Maintains a clean and well stocked coffee and beverage center.
- Knows the law on all the age restricted items and ID’s customers in accordance with the law and company policy.
- Completes all duties assigned to them.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Six months or more in retail.
Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
Organizational Responsibilities: Must have strong organizational skills relating to setting priorities and completing tasks.
Decision Making: Decision-making is required with frequent consultation with supervisor.
Problem Solving: Must possess the ability to solve problems effectively and in a timely manner. The scope of problems can be routine to complex.
Job Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, reach and lift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the jobholder.