- Perform pre-operational inspections to ensure production areas and equipment is ready for production and meets regulatory requirements.
- Continuously perform operational sanitation.
- Enforces company GMPs and personal hygiene standards ensuring that all employees are following company procedures, guidelines and other rules.
- Checks product labeling requirements (i.e correct product labels, correct box labels, right customer going into correct box, correct lot identification, legible lot codes and sell by date, correct ingredients and handling statements etc.)
- Perform net weight checks on products
- Communicates with production manager and line workers deficiencies that are found or new policies taking effect.
- Provides critical support to the Plant Manager with daily reports of ongoing situations.
- Keep detailed records of various quality inspections.
- Performs the calibrations of recording/measuring equipment
- Assist in recording data for 3rd party audits
- Maintains food security records.
- Under the coordination of the Plant/Production Manager, they implement cleaning activities.
- Generates work orders for maintenance for the upkeep of the facility
- Assist in training line workers on QC functions expected of them
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in mathematics
- Have a logical mind and be good at solving problems
- Pay close attention to detail
- Be observant and have an investigative mind
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Have good eyesight and color vision
- Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and/or reach.
- Manual dexterity- the ability to quickly move hands/arms, manipulate and/or assemble objects.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull and/or carry objects.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- The use of gloves, hair net and frock is required.
- Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 30 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Futuristic Duties and Responsibilities for upcoming year:
- Interacts with USDA on any deficiencies that they may take note of.
- To maintain HACCP records
- To inspect and grade incoming raw materials for organoleptic quality.
- Perform incoming label verification procedures, by coordinating with management and receiving as to when labels are coming in and then performing the appropriate checks on them.
- Participate in facility self-audits
- Perform swabbing duties for lab analysis. (Allergen swabs, Listeria Swabs etc…)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the jobholder and are not to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the jobholder.