Surveillance Role Player
- Southern Pines, NC
Telum Protection Corporation (www.telumcorp.com) is a SDVOSB and U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program certified company. Telum was founded in 2008 to provide specialized training, consulting, & logistical support solutions to governments, private corporations, and individual clients worldwide.
- Must be a US citizen
- Active Secret clearance with CI polygraph is a requirement
- Physically able to perform all duties
- Possess, at a minimum, a high school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain poise and self-control under stressful situations
- Demonstrate oral and written command of the English language, and shall be able to compose, and convey concise and accurate reports
- Experience as role player supporting field exercises
- Map reading and navigational capability
- Availability to work flexible hours on a part-time basis
- Physically fit and capable of walking, standing for extended periods of time
- Valid US driver’s license, a vehicle in good working order with a valid state registration and inspection certificate, and proper insurance for both the driver and the vehicle.
- Experience working in DoD special operations or Intelligence community training environment highly desired
Level 1 – Entry Level:
Prior to participating in actual exercises, all SRPs must have passed the basic surveillance training class provided by the Contractor. The basic surveillance training class shall include, but is not limited to, the skills concepts, requirements, and documented abilities as noted below:
- Surveillance tradecraft (e.g. vehicular, foot, public transportation, and technical equipment)
- Surveillance tradecraft techniques and terminology such as trailing, static, zone, discreet
- Map reading and navigational capability and the ability to follow multiple routes to a given destination, and have the ability to use navigational tools to become familiar with areas in non-WMA exercises
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Be team player able to take directions from others
- Physical ability to walk unaided in an urban environment for more than 3.5 hours at a time and walk one mile in 30 minutes or less
- Be 18 years of age and a high school graduate (or equivalent) at the time of application with the contractor
- All sight and hearing impairments, if any, must be corrected to current legal minimums for the state from which the driver’s license is issued
- Ability to pass a yearly physical fitness examination administered by a state-licensed physician and capable of lifting and carrying boxes weighting from 30-60 pounds. This is not an indirect/direct cost under the contract
- Ability to work with mobile radios and other communication devices
- Personal insurance coverage for occasions when the contractor is required by the sponsor to rent a vehicle in support of exercises
- Applicant must have a current passport and no travel restrictions
- Applicant will be required to submit to random drug testing
- Telum Protection Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Telum benefits package include health insurance, life insurance and 401K.
Qualified personnel should demonstrate an understanding of surveillance tradecraft, surveillance detection techniques and terminology. Role Players will conduct surveillance activities, evaluate students’ performance, provide feedback and participate in exercise debriefing. Candidates supporting role players responsible will be responsible for providing any support props and clothing articles.
Experience in social media network and defense or business intelligence analysis with a focus on sentiment, analysis open source analysis, violent extremist organizations, international politics, economy, social science, and counter-terrorism preferred.