Administrative Assistant - Health Insurance
- Austin, TX
The Boon Group is headquartered in Austin, Texas and will be celebrating their 30th anniversary later this year. The Boon Group is a third party administrator providing employee benefits and insurance products and services to commercial businesses and government contractors. We have evolved into a national enterprise, becoming the "industry leader" in providing affordable benefit solutions as well as worksite wellness programs and occupational health services.
We Offer: - Competitive Compensation - Excellent Benefit Package - Bonus Program & Annual Merit Reviews - Casual Dress - Free Covered Parking
The Administrative Assistant provides administration support to the Special Markets department. They are responsible for a variety of administrative duties in relation to employees medical insurance and other employee benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to a team of five.
- Processes employee benefit status changes for the various groups (ex. Term an employee from their benefits, add a new baby to benefits, etc.)
- Enters employee benefit enrollment forms in the system
- Verifies distribution requests for accuracy
- Creates ad hoc reports as requested
- Sorts and distributes mail and processes returned mail
- Assists in answering phone calls and emails
- Files, copies, faxes, prepare routine correspondence, create reports, and maintain supplies and other administrative duties
- Assists with department overflow and works overtime as needed based on business needs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma
- 3 years of administrative/clerical work experience
- Intermediate skill using Excel spreadsheets. Must be able to create & format spreadsheets and be able to create basic formulas, etc.
- Previous employee benefit or medical insurance experience and/or knowledge preferred
As well as these Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Strong administrative skills, such as typing, data entry, filing, faxing, copying, etc.
- Ability to operate a large variety of office equipment
- Ability to be detail-oriented and to multi-task
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constant deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
This is an excellent opportunity to receive competitive pay and great benefits while working in a friendly and casual dress work environment. Should you meet the requirements as described and if you would like to work with dedicated co-workers, be part of a great team, and join a stable company, we would like to hear from you!
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.