HR Benefits Specialist
- Austin, TX
The Boon Group is headquartered in Austin, Texas and will be celebrating their 30th anniversary later this year. The Boon Group is a third party administrator providing employee benefits and insurance products and services to commercial businesses and government contractors. We have evolved into a national enterprise, becoming the "industry leader" in providing affordable benefit solutions as well as worksite wellness programs and occupational health services, which are provided through our company, Healthy Achievers, Inc..
We Offer: - Competitive Compensation - Excellent Benefit Package - Bonus Program & Annual Merit Reviews - Casual Dress - Free Covered Parking
The HR Benefits Specialist supports our client's in all aspects of the day-to-day servicing of their employee benefits and plan administration. They provide the day-to-day management and service support for the client and act as a liaison between the client, brokers, vendors and internal Company resources and departments. They are responsible for resolving client issues, comprehensive billing, eligibility files, payroll files and administrative processing of the benefit plans. They work with limited supervision and exercise discretion and independent judgment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides consultative services and acts as the client advocate with the carrier/vendor
- Maintains a professional demeanor with clients, vendors and co-workers
- Researches issues and provides customer service to client’s and their employees by providing problem resolution
- Coordinates the open enrollment process and ensures all enrollments are completed in a timely manner
- Ensures the accurate and timely completion of enrollments, status changes, and terminations of plan participants are made in both Company, client and vendor systems
- Regularly runs, audits and provides accurate and timely reports
- Maintains open relationships with carrier contacts in order to investigate discrepancies and provide problem resolution
- Prepares and audits monthly plan invoices to ensure eligibility, which includes calculation, input, posting and invoicing
- Allocates client contributions and member benefit deductions to client specific business rules including hour bank administration and timely refunds
- Reviews claims and reconciles client trust accounts
- Prepares and/or audits payroll and plan participant files and exports them to the client
- Creates and posts carrier files
- Maintains documentation on processes and procedures
- May train and/or coordinate the workflow of others
- Proactively escalates potential client and member issues to management to maintain positive client relationships
- Works independently, under pressure and meets constant deadlines
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 3 to 5 years of benefits administration experience
- Experience working with Excel worksheets
- Experience working in multiple databases; experience with carrier databases preferred
- Experience in reconciling benefit invoices, fringe accounting and/or accounting/bookkeeping
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of employee benefit plans and plan administration,
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Reconciliation or basic accounting skills needed
- Understands debits and credits as it applies to reconciliation of client data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to handle and prioritize multi-tasked projects and stay organized
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet constant deadlines
- Knowledge of Davis-Bacon Act or Service Contract Act preferred
This is an excellent opportunity to receive competitive pay and great benefits while working in a friendly and casual dress work environment. Should you meet the requirements as described and if you would like to work with dedicated co-workers, be part of a great team, and join a stable company, we would like to hear from you!
Note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.