Chief Information Officer
- Cincinnati, OH
Who is The Business Backer?
We believe business owners are our American heroes, and we are here to embrace and champion their cause. We are re-inventing community and relationship-based lending for the 21st century and bringing trust, ethics and integrity back to the small business financing industry. Our talented team of creative innovators, entrepreneurial leaders and expert advisors embody these values both inside and outside the office, and work together as a team to provide our customers with fair, affordable capital and a trustworthy financial partner. This philosophy has resulted in a 70 – 100% growth rate since our inception in 2007, and we’re not slowing down.
Our team is the key to our success, and we work to create the best environment for our team to grow and thrive. TBB employees enjoy a unique, flexible, performance-driven culture and receive meaningful interaction with management, professional development and career growth opportunities. As one of Cincinnati’s Best Places to Work, winner of the Cincinnati BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and #1289 on Inc. Magazine’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest growing companies, we are excited for our bright future and continued success.
The Business Backer is seeking a versatile, talented Chief Information Officer to drive technology and process through the company. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Information Officer’s role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology initiatives that align with the company’s growth mission. This individual is responsible for all aspects of information technology and systems – software development, web solutions, data management, infrastructure, security and administration.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, refine and/or purchase technology systems for credit underwriting, prospect submission, web access, data warehousing, analysis and marketing support
- Lead innovative thought to make technology a company competitive advantage, particularly for cloud-based and mobile platforms
- Design and install an appropriately robust and sustainable enterprise architecture model
- Implement a standard process to manage the selection, control, and evaluation of IT investments
- Lead and manage a team of developers, contractors and help desk support
Who We’re Looking For
- We envision an IT leader who has successfully led or been a key contributor to the significant technological growth of a business. Critical skillsets/experience include:
- Scaling and integrating IT solutions for a rapidly growing organization
- Business process analysis
- Application software development and developer team management
- Holds a SOC/SSAE 16/SAS 70 certification, or the equivalent
- Microsoft interoperability with PHP/open source technologies
- Off-the-shelf vs customize / build vs buy decisioning
- Vendor/contractor selection and management
- Operating in a high-pace, high transaction, efficiency minded environment
- Comfort interacting with both executive management and management/individual contributor team members
- Comfort with action and accountability in a fast-paced, small company environment
- A bachelor’s degree and at least ten (10) years relevant technology experience
Working on any cool projects on the side? Have any great innovative ideas? We'd love to hear them