Cloud Engineer ( Can work remote)
- FL, FL
Responsible for enterprise-wide cloud technology standards, patterns and lifecycle. This includes: researching new products and changes/updates/patches for existing products – develop and define configuration, packaging and deployment standards as well as HA and DR strategies - development of product and technology patterns - testing and evaluating standards and patterns - writing comprehensive technical documentation.
Core Technologies include:
- Amazon Web Services
- Route 53
- Puppet / Chef
- BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management/BladeLogic
- VMWare vCloud
- Author Product Design, Implementation and Support documentation
- Provide support to the Solutions Engineering team towards designing solutions to meet project requirements
- Develop methods to create repeatable and efficient procedures to deploy products
- Develop frameworks and best practices for disaster recovery and high availability application design, DMZ application hosting, test environment specifications, etc that can be applied consistently to application infrastructure deployments
- Manage the lifecycle of the full catalog of cloud technology products
- Significant expertise (5 to 7 years) in defining, designing and deploying global business applications with both internal and external customer focus
- Vendor product certifications preferred
- Significant expertise and experience in defining philosophy and principles for global engineering in application hosting and infrastructure technologies.
- Shell, Python, Pearl, Ruby and PowerShell scripting experience to automate tasks and procedures
- Experience in Unix, Linux and Windows environments
- Self starter with desire to understand work and project objectives, not just execute
- Possesses a good understanding of IT service management
- Strong communication (oral and written) and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate new concepts, and drive change in process and behaviors.
- Significant experience with hardware and software products that provide high availability and disaster recovery functionality such as clustering and data caching and replication
- Significant experience with tuning environments to ensure optimal performance
- Strong analytical focus, results-oriented and execution driven, with the ability to align technology developments with the generation of potential competitive business advantage.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to identify and elaborate enterprise-wide impact of major product technology trends.
- Has played a lead role in architecture, design and documentation of application hosting and infrastructure technologies, with SME knowledge in one or more related areas.
- Has significant experience in vendor management, communication with vendor engineering and vendor product development.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills, with the ability to identify learning opportunities, improve current processes.
- Effective communications and presentation delivery skills, especially to senior management on technology strategies and standards; able to create and maintain cross-segment relationships and foster collaboration, knowledge sharing and cooperation.