Shutdown Project Controls Specialist
- Anchorage, AK
The Global Edge Consultants is a full service firm specializing in the recruitment of technical and project personnel for industries such as Government, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Chemical, Engineering, Power, Nuclear and Manufacturing.
The SD Project Controls Specialist will be a self-motivated, detail oriented professional with a minimum of 3 years Project Controls experience, and will use SAP, Oracle and/or other ConocoPhillips software to provide budget/cost/estimating services for the planning, execution and close-out of facility and/or system shutdowns in the Greater Kuparuk Area (GKA) on the North Slope of Alaska. The SD Project Controls Specialist will take work direction from the SD Coordinator or delegate. The SD Project Controls Specialist will adhere to the Incident Free Safety Culture of GKA.
- The SD Project Controls Specialist will:
- Under general supervision, performs project controls assignments.
- Responsible for supporting a Shutdown team in the execution of all project controls processes and systems for maintenance and modification shutdowns on GKA facilities and systems.
- Establishes initial project budgets and prepares subsequent budget updates for all design and/or construction activities based on an estimate of the selected design alternatives.
- Reviews trend analyses, budget updates, and recommendations for corrective action to assure compliance with company and client requirements.
- Review and perform analysis on project cost and schedule to identify impact of progress and scope changes on previously scheduled target dates.
- Conducts review meetings to discuss project status and to assist in planning and developing alternatives to accommodate changes in priorities.
- Obtains data on project progress, logic and manpower from lead project, contractor or client personnel.
- Analyzes estimated quantities, man-hours, and cost data for all segments of work in support of project plan development and performance measurement system.
- Extract data from multiple software databases/sources, be able to manipulate it in a consistent and effective manner, and then present the data in an easy to understand format to a target audience.
- Participate in value engineering analyses, productivity evaluations and other similar studies.
- Recommends adjustments to manpower requirements and rearranges work plans to optimize utilization of resources.
- The SD Project Controls Specialist will establish effective working relationship and communication with the SD Coordinator, including progress reports, change-out notes, and other cross shift communications as required to maintain position effectiveness and continuity.
- Good team member, i.e. consideration, professional & personal courtesy, mutual respect, discipline, honesty, Accepts feedback from others. Gives appropriate recognition to others. Builds positive relationships by listening and addressing concerns.
- BS in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management or related field, or equivalent experience in project controls
- Understands the objectives of in project controls and related regulatory and/or industry requirements and practices
- Capability to apply diversified knowledge of project controls principles and practices
- Capability to make independent decisions on significant projects controls
- Has excellent written and oral communications applicable to standards set by organization
- Computer skills commensurate with program and job applications.
- Preferred qualification: to have a working knowledge of SAP and Oracle software tools.
- Work a remote alternating schedule at the Kuparuk Oil Field on the North Slope of Alaska.
- Ability to wear and care for applicable personal protective equipment (such as safety glasses, shoes, hard hat, hearing protection, Flame/fire Resistant (FR) outer clothing, and artic gear) as required by site specific requirements.