- Schenectady, NY
Niche newspaper based in Schenectady, New York publishing twice a month looking for contemporary Managing Editor
1. Responsibility for producing the newspaper, web site, and e-newsletter: gathering news, assignments, editing, layout.
2. Bring into the paper contemporary stories and contemporary design. Focus stories on and recruit writers from reader community.
3. Monitor and reduce cost of editing and layout. Develop budget.
4. Review and change technical procedures, software, networking, file storage.
5. Edit, lay out ads, pages, web site, and e-newsletter. Recruit, train, and manage interns, volunteers, and paid personnel as needed, within budget, to assist with these functions.
6. Liaison with Jewish community.
- Edit copy
- Re-write submitted news stories
- Write up births, engagements, weddings, deaths
- Build calendar of events
- Select stories from emailed submissions
- Plan and execute layouts
- Recruit and assign stories to freelance writers and photographers
- Update web site and compose e-newsletter
Please respond with cover letter, your current resume and salary requirements.