Sr Applications Scientist - Hematology ,CBC, 5 Part Differential
- Miami, FL
Client: One of the most well known medical device companies in the world.
Senior Applications Scientist
The Senior Applications Scientist has a Medical Technologist background and will work in the Reliability Lab conducting System Software Workflow testing.
- Under minimal supervision, this individual will conduct testing of new or modified hematology analyzers and ensure that testing is performed according to plans and schedules. Other duties will include the following:
- Collecting data for software regulatory submissions.
- Ensuring that the product meets requirements specifications.
- Assisting in troubleshooting product performance issues by interacting with Engineering or other departments.
- Analyzing data using statistical methods, interprets technical data, and promptly reports and documents issues.
- Preparing procedures and reports, and accurately documents the execution of the test procedures and test results in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Following all safety procedures and policies in the laboratory.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- General laboratory workflow
- Hematology experience with CBC, 5 Part Differential, Flagging and Review of Results
- Execution and review of Decision Rules with Reflex and Rerun test orders
- LIS test order processing, review and release of results.