- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is an industry leader in the manufacturing industry.
Assign. Period: 12/12 - 6/13
Replacement OR New Project: New Project
Global standardization project, Global Data Center, Telematcis, NAIS Transformation and Refresh, etc.
The Infrastructure Architect/Engineer will work as part of the Infrastructure Strategy and Engineering area and is responsible for architecting, designing, deploying, transitioning and supporting the end-to-end infrastructure engineering for one or more Infrastructure Services provided in support of Honda’s business strategies, plans and projects.
This role will primarily work with Application Development teams, Project Managers, Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure Architects/Engineers, Infrastructure Operations teams, Data Center Facilities team and Third party Service Providers. As a member of a project team, will focus on designing, building and deploying scalable, resilient, highly available and supportable infrastructure related solutions both in a cloud and traditional data center environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A major part of this role will be working very closely with key stakeholders who include Technology Planning and Architecture teams, as well as the Infrastructure Operations teams, in ensuring the technologies adhere to the enterprise architecture standards and service level agreements/targets
- Develop technology roadmaps and lifecycle plans
- Build capabilities that support on-demand access, rapid scalability and workflow automation
- Deliver reference architectures, cloud capability, and maturity assessments for both technical and organizational structures
- Understanding the business and technical requirements, support or lead the design, architecture, and implementation of solutions utilizing Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS) frameworks in a private or hybrid cloud environments utilizing industry best practices
- Act as a technical lead, where appropriate, in helping new projects and new technology refreshes/releases are successfully progressed from inception to deployment
- Work with both internal and external partners
- Develop and utilize performance and capacity management KPI's for proactive management of large distributed infrastructure environment.
- Develop scripts/tools to ensure a streamlined/automated application deployment
- Translates the Service design (including functional & non-functional requirements) into testing requirements and takes responsibility for testing activities
- Plan and implement structured validation and test processes to provide evidence that new or changed Services will support the requirements of customers
- Conduct and/or participate in Proof of concept (POC) and Proof of Technology (POT) activities. Develop and recommend solutions with supporting decision analysis documents with results from POC/POT.
- Presents or makes recommendations on technical issues
- Present briefings as well as associated technical documentation
- Consolidates system data to formulate reports for business managers
- Provides appropriate knowledge transfer and/or training to other engineers, operations staff or application development team members related to new technology introductions
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 8 years of experience designing, architecting, and implementing virtual and non-virtual Windows, Linux, UNIX, enterprise scale compute, network, storage, and endpoint architectures. This should include clustering, high availability, optimizing systems, high performance computing, and grid technologies
- 3-5 years as a Systems Administrator or Senior Systems Engineer
- 1-2 years ITIL (or similar) experience to qualify infrastructure service value definition as well as fit for use and fit for purpose
- Prior experience in drafting and evaluating service level agreements/contracts that cover compute, network, storage and endpoints is needed
- 3 years of experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware, PowerVM supporting scalable servers and applications
- 3 years experience managing or architecting enterprise storage technologies, including SAN (EMC, 3PAR, IBM) and NAS (NetApp)
- 3 years of experience with technical task management, including tech lead or technical project manager
- 1-3 years experience implementing multiple levels of Infrastructure Architecture security policies and controls, including hardware, server, OS, and perimeter security
- Prior experience with converged infrastructures like Cisco UCS, HP
- Cloudmatrix, VCE VBlock, Netapp Flexpod is a plus
- VCP, CCNA, CCNP, EMC Cloud Architect, ITIL, CISSP. VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDE) certification is desirable.
Strong experience in the following tools and technologies:
- vSphere, SRM, vCloud Director, Orchestrator etc.
- Windows Server 2003/2008 OS experience is a must
- Redhat or Suse Linux OS is highly desirable. AIX experience is a plus
- Web servers : IIS, Apache
- Application Servers : Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat, .Net
- Database Management Systems : MSSQL, Oracle or DB2
- Deployment Tools: CVS, Clearcase (at least one tool)
- Knowledge of System Management and Monitoring Solutions like Tivoli and AppManager
- Security: Encryption; Network security; Network topology
- Protocols: HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP, UDP, IP v6, DNS, NIS, and NFS, Samba, CIFS, SOAP and REST; Peer-to-Peer Networking, Edge Computing etc.
- Experience working in large load balanced environments (Cisco, Juniper, F5 etc.)
- Desktop Virtualization with VMWare View experience is a plus
- Ability to develop technology whitepapers, design documents, and a wide range of systems engineering documents
- Superior verbal and written communication skills and comfortable presenting to senior-level executives (CIO, VP etc.)
- Able to prioritize effectively and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple, competing tasks Strong team player able to form functional work relationships with peers and superiors
- Ability to succeed in a highly matrixed, virtual and international culture while managing quality, cost and delivery objectives
- Familiar with a wide array of application profiles and has led at least 1 major consolidation or migration effort to move applications from traditional data centers and put them into a virtualized uniform computing environment.
- Experience designing data center automation and workflow processes and integrating with 3rd party COTS and open systems products
- Knowledge and experience with the design and implementation of network infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP, DMZs, and highly available, scalable, and redundant enterprise firewall, routing, and switching environments is useful
- Experience designing and supporting existing Cloud Computing infrastructures
- Proven vendor management and team negotiation experience
- Knowledge and experience with existing cloud provider technologies, AWS, Rackspace, Openstack etc.