Ruby on Rails Developer - Perm
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is an industry leader in the publication industry.
Ruby on Rails Developer
One of the largest employee-owned media company, operating businesses in publishing, interactive and broadcasting.
- Works on components of core systems with guidance from senior tech staff
- Delivers excellent work results consistently
- Works as part of a team to plan, develop, and implement high quality software
- solutions within the required timeframes using an Agile Software Development Methodology
- Provides detailed documentation for all software components and applications
- Participates in department and interdepartmental projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Very strong Ruby on Rails background.
- Should know Framework and be able to drive development using RSPEC.
- Should know Listing Apps and be able to use searching and rating.
- On the Database side he prefers My SQL or PostG SQL but is open to SQL.
- Some front end web development using Java Script, CSS and HTML.
- 1 to 7 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience building n-tiered, high-volume, consumer-facing Internet applications using Ruby on Rails framework
- Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySQL), schema design and implementation, and SQL
- Experience working in UNIX environments (Solaris, Linux)
- Experience implementing web sites utilizing frameworks such as LAMP or Java/J2EE
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment