6 month contract
Los Angeles, CA
Network Operations production support engineer
Candidate must have 7-10 years of hands-on experience working within a large corporate multi-national internetworking environment, which includes infrastructure analysis, system configuration, testing, and implementation of network systems.
- Provide implementation and troubleshooting of all aspects of the network infrastructure: LAN, WAN, WLAN, VoIP, VPN, and Network Security components.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Level support for all aspects of the network and telecommunications.
- Provide capacity planning of network and telecommunication equipment.
- Must be able to participate in 24x7 on-call duties.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers 2600-7200, ASR 1001 - 1002,
- switches 3550-6509, Pix firewalls 515-525, VPN 3000 Concentrators & ASA Platforms, FWSM, Aruba Network Wireless controller switches, F5 Load Balancers, Riverbed Steelhead WAN accelerators, and MPLS circuits.
- Hands-on experience with routing and switching protocols (OSPF, BGP,
- EIGRP, Ethernet, QoS) in a large corporate environment.
- Good knowledge and experience with emerging technologies of VoIP (H.323 & SIP), Video Conferencing, Wireless (802.11 environments), and Security (802.1x, IPS/IDS, NAC)
- Must have strong troubleshooting background.
- Must have excellent project coordination skills, communication skills and people skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and be able to work in a team environment with internal groups and vendors. .