Cisco Unified Communications Administrator - Contract to Hire
- Irvine, CA
Our client is an industry leader in the Real Estate industry.
Cisco Unified Communications Administrator
Our client is looking to hire an energetic, self-motivated, and multi-talented IT Professional to provide ongoing VoIP LAN/WAN support to their growing team. There are approximately 2,300 end users (both internal as well as external users). Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing maintenance of current VoIP locations.
- Manage and improve upon the enterprise deployment of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connect and Unity for Exchange 2003.
- Maintain and update all configuration files for switches and routers used throughout the enterprise at both the data center and out in the field.
- Resolve network related issues escalated from the support team
- Identify and resolve network problems utilizing structured trouble shooting methods, techniques, and tools.
- Participate with vendors during problem analysis/resolution as required. (ex - Layer 2 WAN architecture)
- Work with Senior Network Manager to suggest architecture improvements
- Prepare and maintain standard operating procedures for the company network hardware systems, technical specifications and documents, drawings, systems documentation and operating manuals.
- Work some nights in data center for patch and off hours work approximately three times a month
Our client has a very dynamic and exciting environment that will enable this Administrator to on a variety of LAN/WAN and VoIP issues. This is a 60 day contract to hire opportunity.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor’s Degree is an added plus, but highly desired
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years’ experience in the following Cisco Unified Communication applications (all required):
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager Ver. 6-8.6 in a centralized cluster/multisite topology
- Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Ver. 6-8.5
- Cisco Unity for Microsoft Exchange versions 4-8.0
- Cisco Unity Connection versions 7-8.6 (2 years)
- Cisco Routers and Switches including QoS implementation and troubleshooting:
- Catalyst 6500 CatOs/IOS
- Catalyst 3560 Series
- 2921/2951 Routers
- Cisco ASA Firewall
- Barracuda Firewalls (preferred but not required)
- Nexus 5010/5020 10GB Switches
- 3700 Series Routers
- Routing and Switching Technology Experience:
- Dynamic routing protocols (OSPF)
- Spanning-Tree design and troubleshooting
- QoS Queuing and Prioritization
- Network design using SRDN/Cisco Best Practices
Required Soft Skills:
- Excellent communication skills and able to work in a fast moving environment interacting with various teams.
- Should be able to progress on multiple projects concurrently with excellent time management skills.
- Maintain concise process documentation.
- Must be a motivated, team contributor but able to work independently.
- Requires excellent communication skills, analytical ability, and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with clients and Information Technology management and staffs.
- Fluent speaking, reading and writing in English language.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and excellent time management skills.
- Analytical and reasoning skills to work with people with various backgrounds.
- Requires sound judgment.
- Strong ability to inspire enthusiasm, creativity and teamwork.
- Attention to details and excellent follow through skills.
- Receives general supervision and is competent in most phases of computer operations to work on own, and requires only some general direction for the balance of the activities.
- Friendly, outgoing manner enthusiastic, always communicates with a smile.
- Team player builds rapport in department, flexible, willing to assist others.