Quality Assurance Engineer - MySQL / LAMP / PHP
- Santa Monica, CA
Client is one of the country’s leading marketing organizations world-wide.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Our client is today one of the world's largest direct response companies with sales of more than $1.5 billion per year and an average annual growth rate of 25% over the last 10 years.
We have an immediate opening for a Quality Assurance Engineer. We are looking for an enthusiastic problem-solver who will participate in the effort of creating and maintaining an automated test suite for API and GUI testing using a custom automation framework. This position will report to the QA Manager and work closely with the lead QA engineer, other QA engineers, developers and business analysts.
- Develop test plans and test cases for features and functionalities.
- Develop and execute test scripts for API testing.
- Build manual or automated Build Acceptance Test suites for multiple projects.
- Support production release and create reports.
- Work with developers for code review and test case review
- Work with developers to debug and troubleshoot
- Work with business analysts to clarify requirements and build test cases.
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance/Testing experience
- 1+ years of automation experience
- BS in computer science
- Must be competent in at least one of the following languages: Ruby/Ruby on Rails, PHP, or Groovy
- Must be competent in MySQL
- Must have strong understanding of SDLC and QA process.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good understanding of multi-tier software architecture.
- Must have working knowledge on MySQL database.
- Agile developer experience
- Experience with LAMP
- Experience with CI tools
- RESTful web services testing using SoapUI (professional version)
- Hands-on experience in programming with Selenium RC (Webdriver), Groovy Scripts, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, PHP.
- Experience in managing/setting-up cloud based test environments.
- Experience creating plug-in and add-ins for tool integration. (SoapUI, Redmine, Jira, Testrail, etc)
- Experience in analyzing server monitors ((Splunk, Keynote, Gomez, Nagios, etc)
- Performance and load testing experience