Project Manager - Must have Netezza Experience
- Denver, CO
Our client is an industry leader in the Medical industry. This company has an amazing company culture that is truly above and beyond its competitors. They are a true leader in their industry and continue to branch out into new areas to stay competitive.
The must have for this PM position is IBM Netezza (Data Warehouse Appliance for Analytics) implementation experience.
Corp to Corp OK
Location – Denver, CO
Contract Duration – 90 days which could be extended for a much longer duration
Must work on site Monday – Friday.
The successful Project Manager will plan, schedule, track, and manage project deliverables for a mobile application development initiative. He/she will collaborate with the business division as well as other PMs and team members to plan and deliver this mobile application solution. The successful candidate will be responsible for an IBM Netezza implementation. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead, plan, schedule, track, and manage project deliverables, goals, and milestones; adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and project contingency planning
- Design and maintain technical and project documentation
- Identify and resolve project issues; ensure appropriate communication to project stakeholders
- Develop project plans and team assignments
- Direct and monitor daily work of teams including progress toward goals
- Identify resource needs and secure as needed
- Provide day-to-day direction and oversight for project engineering team
- Monitor, review, and/or escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately
- Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise
- Partner with departmental management to develop strategic/tactical solutions to support business strategies.
- Develop and establish departmental technical standards and procedures.
- Work with the project management team to plan and coordinate project development activities across various teams.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with high quality.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- 7+ years of current experience as a Project Manager
- Must have experience serving as a Project Manager for an IBM Netezza implementation Web
- General Business Intelligence experience/knowledge
- Key attribute that this client looks for his honesty, transparency, and accountability.
- Excellent communication skills
- PMP Certification is highly desired (although not a firm must have)
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment and meeting commitments
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate and stakeholder needs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- Any ITIL experience/certifications is also a plus