Sr. .Net Developer - HTTP, TCP/IP
- Culver City, CA
Our client is an industry leader in the entertainment industry. This company has an amazing company culture that is truly above and beyond its competitors. They are a true leader in their industry and continue to branch out into new areas to stay competitive.
Senior .NET DEVELOPER
Position based in Culver City, CA
Contract - 3 months
We are looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join the Engineering team in Culver City, CA. This position's primary responsibility is to design, develop, implement, test, and document code for .NET-based products and applications.
- Designs, architects, programs, tests, and documents.NET based software code for Our various project initiatives. Will be responsible for coding various aspects of these projects, including the UI, business logic, and data layers, and corresponding SQL scripts/stored procedures.
- Will implement enhancements to our content management and content syndication platform. With respect to our Content Syndication business, this resource will develop XML-based feeds and APIs to distribute our video content to its partners.
- Applies optimal design patterns and employs best practices when coding solutions.
- Executes unit testing and debugs code to ensure quality of developed applications.
- Comfortable with real-time multitask programming and is capable of completing assignments within a highly iterative software development environment.
- Takes a lead developer role on various engineering projects and works with appropriate stake holders to ensure the quality of delivered product.
- Actively participates in the site’s release deployment process.
- Documents code consistently throughout the development process on a procedural, modular and database level.
- Mentors junior engineers with programming assignments when needed.
- 4+ years of professional experience in developing Internet applications running on .NET/C#/ASPX against an MS SQL Server back-end.
- Experience developing high traffic web site is preferred.
- Professional experience with serving and streaming video over the Internet is desired. In addition, experience working with CDN providers, such as Akamai, Limelight, or Level 3 is a plus.
- Experience programming with any of the following languages is a plus: C/C++, Java/J2EE, PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Must have a strong understanding of HTTP, TCP/IP and network programming
- Experience with one or more of the following web application servers: IIS, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, Websphere, or Weblogic.
- Experience with Web Frameworks and JSP/ASP or similar.
- Experience using automated testing (.NetUnit, Junit, Jperf or similar).
- Experience with Ajax and other Web 2.0 technologies.
- Familiar with algorithm development, code tuning and query optimization
- Experience with performance measurement and diagnosis/fixing of performance /scaling issues in a distributed environment.
- Possesses a high degree of SQL programming skill, including familiarity with multiple RDBMS environments (e.g., MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.). Familiar with OO Design using UML and/or ER diagramming for databases.
- Must have a strong understanding of and experience with the software development life cycle.
- Must have strong software design skills. Must be able to explain applications/programs that they have designed, including tradeoffs they made and why.
- Must have good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Must be able to describe problems that they have solved including how they found the root cause and how they solved it.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – good at documenting code
- Detail-oriented, well organized, quick learner with very strong technical aptitude and the ability to work concurrently on multiple projects.