QA Testing Lead QA Testing Manager - W2 Contract ONLY
- Torrance, CA
Our client is an industry leader in the Automotive industry. This company has an amazing company culture that is truly above and beyond its competitors. They are a true leader in their industry and continue to branch out into new areas to stay competitive.
Senior Testing Lead
Location: Torrance, CA
Assign. Period: 6/13 - 6/14
Senior Testing Lead
We are looking for QA Professional who is an expert when it comes to developing QA Best Practice Testing methodologies to be implemented throughout the SDLC.
Please note that this position is not a hands-on testing position nor is it a test coordination role. This individual will work closely with developers, project managers, and other stakeholders throughout the SDLC in developing best practice testing templates and methodology, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
The project this testing lead will be supporting is focused on building a new secured media asset repository with approval workflow and digital rights management functionality for the sales and service division to support new model launch preparation business in a timely and cost effective way. The responsibilities of this Senior Testing Lead will include:
- Develop best practice testing methodology and insert this methodology throughout the SDLC and ensure that the methodology is utilized within projects.
- Coordinating with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives.
- Developing and leading the automation strategy/effort and generate scripts to perform automated testing cycles using (primarily) Mercury Interactive/HP products (Quality Center, QTP, etc.).
- Documenting, tracking and escalating issues as appropriate, using Quality Center or similar tools.
- Participating in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Supporting production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows.
- Provide a thorough understand of project management, application development, and testing methodologies.
Required Skills and Expertise
- 5+ years of experience serving as senior testing lead
- Highly motivated to bring best practices to an organization
- Must be self-motivated, creative and proactive
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures and diverse technologies
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology
- Experience with standard development methodologies and tools required
- Must have excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Needs to have experience working out test strategies and translating requirements into appropriate test plans
- Knowledge of testing methods: unit, functional, integration, exploratory, white-box, black-box, load tests, pairwise testing
- Results oriented with a strong passion for technical and service excellence
- Critical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution