Lead Solutions Architect
Job Location : LOS ANGELES, CA 90067
Position Type : Contract
Job Description :
Provide hands-on, technical and architectural leadership for our client’s Enterprise Media Framework. Our client’s EMF is used to manage and distribute digital media content around the world, its partners and customers. This position will lead a team of architects and developers to expand the system’s capabilities and drive business value for our client.
The Lead Architect will be responsible specifically for software architecture, but a solid understanding of hardware implementation is also required. Specific responsibilities include leadership of the architecture team, coaching developers and architects on robust, scalable, software design, media services architecture, project management, product evaluation, trouble shooting, systems development and implementation, performance tuning and improving infrastructure reliability.
The Lead Architect works with many teams who leverage our client’s Enterprise Media Framework. These teams include our client’s customers and vendors. The Lead Architect will need to be a demonstrated leader who collaborates well with others and has a clear vision for building scalable, robust, and value added media management systems. Architecture experience at YouTube (Google), Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, or other movie studios is highly desired for this role.
Analysis and Design,Development and Testing, Delivery and Installation, Production Support, Administrative
- Responsible for the requirements gathering and generation for products. The implementation of a DAM/SOA system and the day to day tasks associated with keeping the application performing.
- DAM, MAM, CRM, SOA industry experience a plus
- Experience with large scale system implementation, taxonomy, library systems is a plus
- Well-Versed and flexible across Linux, Oracle and Windows architectures
- Versed in enterprise technology deployments
- Well-Versed in Java / .NET solutions and comfortable coding in these environments
- Experience with application servers (IE: Jboss / Weblogic / OAS / etc.)
- Performing any necessary configuration and performance tuning.
- Develops comprehensive technical processes flows, system security modeling and the ability to interface with the end users.
- Participate in design and development of reporting and statistics.
- Serves as a coach to contractor resources, to ensure that project SDLC processes and procedures are followed and adapted to support project goals.
- Solid understanding of SDLC from design through production implementation required.
- Develops understanding of application functions, to lead troubleshooting of test and production issues.
- Coordinates with technical specialists (developers, software vendors and infrastructure) to identify and resolve issues with system interfaces, features and reports.
- Coordinate with project production control administrator to deliver new releases and patches into development, test and production environments.
- Experience with developing and coordinating repeatable deployment processes for multi-location application rollout preferred.
- Ability to supervise work and confirm all prerequisites are completed.
- Detail oriented.
- Organizes and extends existing operations and troubleshooting documentation,
- Serves as a coach to expand knowledge of the application.
- Project Management background a must Six Sigma or equivalent preferred.
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans.
- Knowledge of current systems software, protocols, integration methods and standards, including XML, XAML, SOAP, REST, Web Services, SOA, SNFS
- Knowledge of SQL, Oracle, Solaris
- Good understanding of deployment strategies for distributed and multi-tiered applications.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and database management systems.
- Knowledge of Entertainment industry business practices a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software design, development and architecture
- Leadership experience of a software development and architecture team is a must
- Architecture or development experience at YouTube (Google), Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, or other movie studios is highly desired for this role.