Business Intelligence Architect - Contract To Hire
- Culver City, CA
Our client is an industry leader in the ENTERTAINMENT industry. This company has an amazing company culture that is truly above and beyond its competitors. They are a true leader in their industry and continue to branch out into new areas to stay competitive.
3-6 month Contract to Hire
Business Intelligence Architect is an expert in one or more BI tools, can capture analytical and reporting requirements from the Business, develops the semantic layer and metadata, modeling the data to enable cross departmental use and creates reports and report definitions. He/She should display strong technical skills in the Business Objects areas of Report and Universe Design and Development. Also prepares the relevant level of detail documentation to enable the on-going support of the environment either with peers or vendor staffing.
- Write and execute SQL statements to aid helping design reports/ model universes
- Work closely with the business and IT teams in design discussions, reviews and test cycles.
- Work closely with the business and IT teams to determine steps to produce reports in an agile methodology.
- Review and analyze 2/3 Level Support issues.
- Review current universe/reporting design (which is in Business Objects) and propose changes.
- Provides delivery estimates for project planning purposes.
- Identify, track and follow through on issues and defects.
- Manage scope and priorities to complete development efforts on time.
- Insure the deliverables and activities comply with requirements and meet best practices guidelines.
- Tuning User Written reports
Key outputs include:
- Document Report Designs/Mock-Ups
- Document Departmental Best Practices
- Contribution of documentation to IT knowledge database
- 30 % 1. Understands the business questions that users are trying to get answered and translates them into requirements. Customizes BI tools to meet user needs. Defines and captures Metadata and rules associated with BI processes.
- 30 % 2. Sets design specifications for end-user semantic layers and multi-dimensional models across BI environments. Identifies user profiles and designs report delivery environment to meet users* needs.
- 20 % 3. Develops Semantic layer or BI objects for end users. Creates reports and report templates. Develops BI tool training and documentation. Trains users in using the toolset and data. Mentors less experienced BI Developers in these areas.
- 20 % 4. Implements and supports complex BI processes. Troubleshoots BI tool problems and tunes for performance. Adapts BI processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements. Supports client areas in their analytical functions.
- Business Intelligence tool architecture, features and functionality – specifically Business Objects (XIR2 or upwards)
- Data Warehouse database platforms such as Teradata
- Relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 UDB and Sybase
- Entertainment industry business models and data
- Strong with data modeling concepts (star schemas, snowflake schemas, highly normalized data models), and familiar with data modeling tools such as Erwin or PowerDesigner
- Familiar with physical database administration concepts such as table partitioning, materialized views, indexing strategies, aggregate navigation and their role within the decision support environment
- Familiar with OLAP and multi-dimensional database technologies such as Hyperion Essbase or SQL Server Analysis Services
- Familiar with hardware concepts such as SMP and MPP architectures and their impact on the BI environment
- Familiar with source control tools such as SVN, CVS, ClearCase or Borland StarTeam
- Excellent at performance tuning BI processes and queries (concepts such as caching, sorting, and indexing)
- Excellent SQL programming skills
- Excellent relational database knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with both business and technical customers
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and maturity
- Work on multiple projects and deliver consistently on time
- Escalate issues appropriately to management and project team
- Take a proactive approach to cross-functional communication
- Actively seek out feedback from management and peers, to improve own performance based on that feedback